Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Evaporation Lines on Blue Dye tests

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Evaporation Lines on Blue Dye tests

Does anyone know where I can find pics of evaporation lines on an hpt (ept)???? The line is so faint and I haven't had the money to buy another test and all of my frer test have come out negative. I really don't know what to do or what to think. It is such a faint line but it still equals a +. I need to know if it is an evap or not I am driving myself mad. POAS.com really doesn't have much of the up close pics I need so anyone have any good ideas???
So I know that you are not supposed to take your tests apart but in this case I had to. There is a white strip on every pregnancy test and this line is to the left of the preggo test. I know that I am probably not pregnant because all of the other tests came out negative but I have had problems with pee tests in the past. I guess I will have to wait until tomorrow for my sensitive blood results... I just am so tired of everyone saying that a line is a line when who knows if it is or not! Someone with any advice it would be appreciated. I am going to take the test into the doc tomorrow and let them look at it... I don't know what else to do!
I really don't have any experience with blue dye tests, I always took frer or clear blue easy. Or dollar store, all pink. The only advice that I have is to wait and talk to your Dr. and get the results of the blood test. I know how frustrating it is not to know! Try to hang in there and keep us updated!
I have had 4 panic attacks today and my dh is not helping! I am kinda hoping that I am not pregnant at this point because of all of the stress I have been through.... I hate it I can't stand it and he doesn't have an F*cking clue!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i dont know how helpful this is but i was trying to read up on this kinds of things. afterall i am really new to all this i came across a site where another person is trying to figure all those things out hope it helps a bit.... www.peeonastick.com she has pictures of different test types meaning dyes and brands
Apparently it was just an evap line (I am never using a blue dye test again LOL) because I took provera to bring on af and I started spotting last night and now I am offically on cd1! I get to do all the things that I have been wanting to do to get pregnant with the fertility specialist!
I have a IUD and just took two blue dye tests...both had a faint blue line and I've had 3 other pregnancies.  NEVER used a blue one in my life, until now....

I was just asking the same question!  I was freaking out because I just had my IUD placed 4 months ago and here are these tests showing a positive (faint).  I'm going out tomorrow, getting a couple with the pink lines and trying again because if I'm pregnant, I obviously have to know to get the IUD replaced.  My camera couldn't really pick up the lines very well, but I did post some on my profile if you want to look.  

I inverted the colors, so the blue lines where yellow and the while strip was black and you can see it much better.

Good luck to you, I'll be keeping you in mind!

-Brandi
Hi Brandi,

It's Heather from the MS Forum.  The way I understand that IUD work is that you can actually have an egg fertilize and the IUD keeps the egg from implanting in the uterus.  I use to have the Copper IUD and had pregnancy symptoms every month, then a heavier than normal period.  No doctor could ever convince me that the IUD was not causing me to have miscarriages every month.

I had all the symptoms of early pregnancy, then of course, once I started bleeding heavy and passing clots, the pregnancy symptoms disappeared.  After I had the IUD removed and went on the pill, I never experienced any more symptoms like I did on the IUD.

The IUD doesn't prevent the sperm from getting into the tubes and as I understand does not prevent ovulation. (the ones without the chemicals that prevent ovulation) What the IUD DOES prevent is an egg being able to bury into the uterus.  Kind of like a miscarriage.  I believe that's why you are having pregnancy symptoms and this would be why you are having positive results on a home pregnancy test.  You are actually getting pregnant, (I believe) and the IUD is preventing implantation.

This is just a theory of mine.  I am not a doctor, but only expressing what I feel as a woman that has used the IUD and the symptoms I had every month.  This was back in my 20's when I seemed to get pregnant at the drop of a hat.  If I hadn't been on birth control, I would have had a dozen babies by now.  I was that fertile, just like you are.

Could you get the doctor to admit that fetilization DOES take place and the IUD prevents the implantation?

My periods on the IUD were AWFUL and always heavy with clots.  This all stopped, even the constant pressure feeling I always had in my pelvis, as soon as the IUD was removed.  Coincidental?  I don't think so.

I hope you get all of this straightened out, but it looks like you would feel better if you had the IUD removed.  If you and your DH don't want any more kids and are absolutely sure, it may be time for DH to have "the clip," or you have your tubes tied, if you can't take the pill.

Best Wishes and Big mommie hugs.  I've missed talking with you, Brandi.

Heather