Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Exercising and Stretches During Pregnancy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

I'm 26 weeks preg, with my first child and I've been experiencing soreness in my upper thighs and around the crouch area. I know i need to stretch, i can tell. If I'm not working  then  I'm laying around taking it easy. Any suggestions?
I was wondering the same thing! I did some made up exercises today. I got on my hands and knees and rotated my pelvis all kind of ways. I also lifted each leg up and stretched it all different ways. Then i laid on my back and did the same
In my what to expect when your expecting book it lists and shows a bunch of exercises and stretches you can do that are safe during pregnancy. It says to avoid anything that requires you to be on your back. Leg lifts, lifting light weights are fine(under 12 lbs it says) pelvic tilts against a wall, hip flexors, squats. You can walk, or even jog if you normally exercise, yoga, pilates, etc. There are a bunch of different ways to stretch and exercise. Just dont over exert yourself and stay very hydrated. :)
^^ yes those are great too!  When i did mines on my back i was on the bed so it wasn't that bad
Thanks so much!  :-) I'll have to find my What to expect when expecting book
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers