Pregnancy 18-24 Community
FAQ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

FAQ?

What is the most commonly asked question that you get asked now that you're pregnant?

Mine would have to be "Are you going to breastfeed?". My response is usually "is it any of your business?". haha it just annoys me so much when someone asks me that question!
I agree with the breastfeeding thing. It's like if you say yes they give you that "ha good luck" attitude and if you say no they look at you like you're a horrible parent.
I know!
I get "how is she doing?"

I can't see her. How the hell do I know? All I can say is "she thinks my bladder is a trampoline" or "I hope she's not backed up cause I sure am!"...

Usually thwarts any further questions lmao
"Do you know what it is yet?"
everyone asks me if i eat enough... mainly my family cuz im still pretty small :/ but i eat all the time, but lately ive been feelin sick so i havent been eatin too much...
like i was at my aunts house one time sittin on the table nd my aunt was finishing up dinner barely nd my uncle pretty much yelled at me cuz i wasnt the first one up to get food :/ nd on christmas too he got mad cuz i was feedin my cusins daughter her bottle nd i didnt give the baby to someone else so i could go eat first before anyone haha
oh my god. My baby's dad is such a prick, but he'll text and be like "how is he doing?" HOW THE HELL SHOULD I KNOW!

@toriiee- my belly is showing alot, so I get the "you think you're eating enough?" question that usually makes me cry because I don't even eat alot.
From customers, "When are you Due?" "Is It a boy or girl?"
From co-workers, "How are you and the baby doin'?"
It drives me nuts!
haha yeah, the when are you due questions get me too.
I HATE, "You haven't had that thing yet?" First, it's not a thing. It's my baby boy. Second, I would hope not considering I have 2 1/2 months left. Third, Would my belly still be this big? Everyone seems to aggravate me right now.
"Has the baby kicked today?" UHHH, if he hasn't, do you really f***ing think I'd be sitting here on my a** rather than going to L&D to make sure he's okay???
Oh, and "Since it's a boy are you going to quit now?" (Ihave 3 girls already). Umm, I didn't get pregnant to have a boy. I got pregnant to add to my family. It makes me feel like they think my girls aren't good enough or I wouldn't have wanted it if it was a girl.
Ohhhh, I f***ing hate how rude people are.
): people haven't even noticed i'm pregnant yet.
I know. Being pregnant I'm already so much more snappy, so they really should think twice before they ask such questions. and @combs7 that is so rude!
haha give it a few weeks! I'm thicker, so when I started to show I just happened to look really really pregnant instead of the "normal" bump.
my mom kinna irritates me too wen she says is my baby girl moving?
no its MY babygirl haha i always tell my mom that shes not juss cuz idk i dnt like everyone all touchin my belly all the time.. i let her feel once juss to make her happy but that was it...
or it really really makes me mad wen my moms talkin nd she says "shes ganna be raised by two strict parents so shes not ganna be a lil brat nd ganna be raised right" (meaning me nd her is the parents.... that really makes me mad but i havent said anythin to her yet... but if wen baby comes nd she tries to be the one raising her then ima say something
that wasnt really a question tho haha juss things some say
well to myself i look pregnant but to other people I think it isn't extremely apparent so they don't wanna be rude in case i AM just fat lol
haha I'm going to let my mom help out alot, just because my older brother and myself turned out great and I could really benefit from having her input, especially since I'm a FTM and single.
Every time I call my mom she doesn't even say hello she says "are you in labor" it makes me so mad and when I go see her, he says "is he moving" like everyone expects him to be moving 24 7. And from strangers it's "Your aren't that big, do you eat enough everyday?" Umm yes, I've actually gained 40 lbs so it just doesn't look like it.
im ganna let her help out too but juss the way she says some things its like as if shes ganna try to take over... idk thats juss how i feel.. like she will try to take over... like shes already sayin my daughter cnt see her dad... nd my aunt asked me a few weeks ago who was ganna be in the delivery room if my daughters dad was ganna be there nd before i could even get one word out my moms like no i dnt want him there like its her choice nd shes in charge of everything... it makes me kinna mad cuz i juss think shes ganna try to take over the mommy role...
I get alot of "gosh you sure your ready?" Or "why did you get pregnant?""is the baby daddy around?" And the facinating one"can i touch your belly?" For most of them i jist tell them leave me the f#*# alone lol ans i tell them "no im full of gas so dont touch me jaja"
See, torii, my MIL is that way kind of. I am convinced shes the reasonmy blood pressure is so high. I try to be nice, I know she means well, shes just very squirrely, and there are tons of issues there. All silly MIL complaints aside, my mom constantly kisses and talks to my belly, but I know she won't eve overstep her boundaries as a grandparent. It's my MIL and husbands aunt he an I worry about. They're both older and.very old fashioned and the first time they try disciplining him we will have issues. Hubby and I do not need their discipline theories. They always just grabbed the nearest thing to them(belts, racetracks, spatulas, etc) and spanked hubby with it. That went on until he was bigger than them. To me, thats abuse, not spanking or discipline, but racetracks, spatulas and other object used for discipline is in my eyes abuse. To each their own, I think it's the parents job to discipline their kid. If the parent won't step up thats one thing, but he won't ever be at MIL's house by hisself so they have no right or reason.
@flower, at least people ask you before they touch you. I HATE being in the grocery store or.out somewhere and a random stranger just touches my belly. I rub theirs back, I live by that do unto others rule.
haha I can't stand when people touch my belly, I flinch so bad.
I get do you know what your having? When are u due?
hahahahahahahahahahaha lmao at the "do unto others rule" i'm sooo gonna do that. i can't wait! lol
That's what I do. When strangers touch me I touch them. They usually stop!
I always get asked when I'm due, what I'm having, and how my relationship is going.. like I would tell them if it was horrible lol. Ugh and the belly thing, my brother constantly tries to rub my belly its so weird and annoying because he doesn't even warn me beforehand.
Oh yeah, I was asked once, so was he planned or a surprise? And its like you a**hole we tried for months, and were so emotionlly distraught bc last obgyn told me t gve up I wouldnt get pregnant. Plus, plnned or not it really isn't yoir business, plenty of babys are unplanned and loved just the same!
The only person who always touches my stomach is my boyfriends aunt, she's a little special but not so much so that she can't function on her own. She's just a little slow, but she will rub my stomach (without warning) and ten yell "OMG SHE KICKED ME RIGHT HERE" he won't even be moving and she insists its a girl because that's what she wants and says she won't talk to it if its a boy -_-
Omfg jess my husbands adopted sis is the very same. I have told her its a boy, she insists im having a girl. It annoys the crap out of me
They can ask but they start touchin before i can even answer lol and i remember last week i was at walmart with my boyfriend mom and "boyfriend" i dont mind him he was goin to buy me a dvd player lol so oo well when outt of no where he comes from the side and touches my belly and i freak and says wow your fat so i say outloud "sir can you please stop touchin my uterus?" And he lookd at me funny cause this guy he was from the army well wearing his camoflauge turns arouns and walks up and says "get your hand off the girl" and smiles at me and my boyfriend so my moms bf slowly takrs it off and apoligizes lol
Moms bf touchd my tummy lol
In having twins d main question is does twins runs in ur family?  over and over and d response js the same! no as it doesnt have to do with ur family if ur having twins but the women fertility!!!
No one knew I was pregnant until I was about 32 weeks so I would be shopping for clothes and the counter person would ask who its for and I would be like me I'm 26 weeks lol then they would be like wow you don't look pregnant I only just poped in the last couple weeks. Once I was having antenatal blood tests for glucose and she looked at me and said I think there has been a mistake and I was like nope I'm pregnant. 3rd trimester. She was like oh ok it was pretty awkward after that. After being in pre term, when I ring my mum the conversation always ends in so your not in labor.. as for people touching my belly I don't mind, I'm sure they are just super curious. But once again I have only just had that issue.  
I always get asked how far along I am.  And what I'm having.  Then when I say two girls it adds way more.  Are the identical and blah blah blah.   I'm just like they are healthy active babies.  Leave me alone lol.  Then they always wish me luck because two girls is going to be hard.   I'm a ftm and ill barley be 21 when they arrive.    But I know God will give me all the tools I will need to raise them thy way he has planned. :)
Cos this is my 3rd boy and my sister jus ad a girl after 3 boys i gt u wil b pregnant nxt yr to tey for a girl it pisses me of n i gt all the time ow many wks r u nw am like 1 wk after u askd last time