Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Fetal Movement??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Fetal Movement??

I've been having these very strange pains this past week or so.

I'm 14w today.
I've been getting a very QUICK pain that comes just as fast as it goes secluded only on my left side between my pelvic region and my belly button but it's only on the side kind of, not on the front of my belly.

It's not really painful, it's more like if someone jabbed my with their fingers really quick, but from the inside.
I dunno, it's really weird.

I was told that fetal movement was kinda like a flutter, or like a quick gas-bubble feeling, or "Quickening" whatever that's supposed to mean.

So I was wondering if this sounds like something that would relate to the baby moving?

Like I said, it's only been doing this is past week or so, and it's not like a cramp.
It's just... weird. lol.

Any suggestions?
Also it only happens like a few times a day...
So I dunno if it's just my uterus stretching or what...
Pregnancy is very confusing specially cuz this is my first one!
lol
i had this happen to me, but it was just my uterus stretching...yeh baby moving to me felt like fluttering........i felt it like 15 weeks..this is my first
im just starting to work out now what is my baby moving (im nearly 23weeks) and what is a uterus ligament stretch. this sounds like a definate uterus ligament stretch. the flutter/bubble/nudging feeling will come shortly and you'l get to know the difference pretty soon and i might say its an amazing feeling when you do start to really feel it and strangely it feels really natural like youve had it all of your life. i still get the stretches now and theyre a little more intense. not painful at all but like a stitch/ knot sort of feeling in my uterus somewhere. i still just think of it as a reminder that its stretching for my baby whos happily swimming in there!
all the best 2u! when ru due? my edd is aug14, 2008
lorri xx
I get the same thing some times. Mine comes on the left and right side, and I think part of it could be the muscles in your stomach stretching as well as your cervix.
fetal movements are painful in the beginning, not so far as i've ever heard. You are probably feeling ligament stretching or even tearing of the ligaments.  At 15 wks, if this is your first, you most like will only feel faint flutters.  
Diva_Lorri ~ I'm due October 10, 2008.

LosingMyMindInGA ~ This is my first, so everything I'm feeling is very new and questionable... so at this point I'm not sure what is what anymore. lol

But I was told round ligament pain usually only occures on the right side, which I do get that alot if I move or lay a certain way, but this new pain is on my left side, and it's weird.
But I guess if it says, "Usually only happens on the right side" it also means that it can happen on the left too. lol.

Oh well.
I'll be seeing a doctor here in about 3 weeks, so I'm sure he'll explain to me what is what.
Sounds like ligament pain. I had pretty serious ligament stretching/pulling pain it on my left side mostly (but also right.. it would alternate and last a few minutes) for a few days, then it went away for a few days, now it happens once in awhile (I'm 16w3d). My doc assured me its round ligament pain and nothing to worry about. It is a really strange sensation, especially when it's the first time and your uterus has never grown before! I have been told many times that when it's the baby moving, you'll know... it'll feel like flutters and it won't hurt at all! :) Best wishes to you.