Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Finally off B/C

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Finally off B/C

I took my last b/c pill today!!  I am very excited and am looking forward to charting my cycles and conceiving!!!  YEAH!!  I am however, a little nervous of how my body will react - it should be interesting!  :-)
Yay!  I know how you feel!  I was very excited when I stopped the pill.  I was ready to begin the next chapter of my life.  Good luck to you!!!
thanks!  It seems weird to think/know that I won't be taking the b/c pills everyday.... especially after almost 8 years of taking them!
I know...I was on them for 6.5 years when I stopped and it just didn't seem right.
Girls just thought I'd contribute. . . .I came off the pill and had the withdrawl (withdrawal) bleed at the end of July and I had never felt better! I'm now 6 weeks pregnant!
charlybee - that's awesome!  Congrats!  
thanks, I have an early pregnancy scan 2moro because of brown discharge so I'm a little nervous about it!!
hey roke,
something i did was i started taking prenatal vitamins at night instead of the pill. because i was so good at taking the pill it was easy for me to switch to something else. and its nice to know that i will have all the folic acid the little one needs when he or she is conceived.
good luck and have fun!
Doesn't it feel really weird?  I got AF today after stopping my last b/c pill on Saturday, and somewhere in the back of my mind, I was really happy, and also a little scared too.  It just feels weird to think that I won't be starting my new pack on this Sunday, and I also lose my predictability.  All I know is I hope this is my last AF for awhile.  Hey, we all have to optomistic!
jenntanis... haha... you're right about that!

louieforlaughs... I already had bought some of those and started taking them today!!  We'll see how I react to them.
i got really dizzy at first but if you take them at night that should help. i've heard people say it bothers their tummies. i had extra vitamins in me, so dont freak out if your urine smells like the pill you take.
good luck, hope the vitamin doesn't bother you too much. : )
and congrats!
louieforlaughs.... I am extremely lucky... I am taking the pre-natal vitamin (every morning when I get up - as that is when I used to take my pills) and have absolutely no side effects!

I have started charting - taking temps... and all that stuff, so hopefully I will recognize what my body is doing!  Oh and the book "Taking Charge of your Fertility" is a fantastic book to read before ttc!!
Congrats on getting off the pill and starting your TTC journey!  Don't be disappointed if it doesn't happen right away ...all that stuff you read usually says it can take six months or more to conceive.  

I was on the patch before ending my last pack in October.  I got my period at the end of November and didn't get another one!  I just thought it was my body getting used to being off birth control ...instead it was because I was pregnant!  

Taking prenatal vitamins is a great way to prepare your body for pregnancy ...and if you're not having any side effects, then woot!!  =D  I think alot of the 'upset tummies' is a combo of starting the prenatal vitamin after finding out you're pregnant plus the onset of morning sickness!!  When you do get your BFP and if you find you're getting nauseous taking your vitamin in the morning, switch to night time, like louieforlaughs mentioned.  I did that with my vitamin ...hubby and I make a ritual of it.  It's his job to make sure he gives me my vitamin before bed.  It's also a great way to get hubby involved with the pregnancy, because sometimes they can feel so left out.  ; ;

Good luck with your charting!  I hope you get your BFP really soon!!!!
Avanaar - thanks!  I am really nervous of being off the pill just because I don't know what is going to happen with my body.  

Like everyone else, I am hoping that I get pregnant asap, but I also know that it can take a long time - which also worries me a little.  But all I can do is have fun trying!  Our original plan was to wait until Christmas to actually start trying, but we have decided to start asap and if nothing happens right away, then that is fine (although it would be a fantastic christmas present for our parents...)  haha

Having your husband give you the pill is a fantastic way to get him into the pregnancy!  I will definitely get him to try and do that when the time comes - he's not into it right now....
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers