Pregnancy 18-24 Community
First True QUICKENING.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

First True QUICKENING.

Well for those of you who know me I'm almost 4 1/2mo pregnant w/my first. Anywayse, this morning I was sitting at my work desk, and had my waistband low on my belly, so it was pressing on it not uncomfortably tho. All of a sudden I feel "pop, Pop, tumble, pop" and more movement within about 30 seconds. I believe I was feeling the baby kick. it felt like muscle twitches but in different areas all within about a 3inch area on my lower belly. it was AWESOME
HAHA..... its a great feeling isnt it!! it adds to the excitement. wait until the baby gets the hiccups... it feels really neat!
I am right there with ya girl. Mine started 3 days ago. Yayyyy!!! Give it a couple weeks and we'll both have actual kicks and movement that can be felt on the outside. Woo Hoo!!! I love this part!!!
how far along are you?

Since this morning I've felt movement about 5-6times. CRAZY. i'm so happy, but DH isn't really since he can't feel it yet. He's practically beggiing the baby to move for him.
I am 17 weeks today!!! I can't wait until it gets stronger so my fiance can feel all the kicks and movement. He swears he felt something the night before, and he may have because there were a couple pretty strong movements in there, but I cant wait until we start feeling the hiccups and full on movement. Its so amazing!!! I love it!!!
Its insane how quickly after the first time you can just feel it all day. I felt my first like a week or two ago and now whenever i really concentrate i can feel them. Especially try and notice if you feel excited or nervous about something and baby will usually have something to add to it.
Definitely encourage partners to feel it. I think for me it was the first time mine really felt involved and realised the enormity of what was going on. They say fathers that always feel for the kicks and talk to the belly bond much quicker and stronger with the babies.

I dont think i will ever stop getting that huge rush of adreniline when i feel them. Yesterday i had a pregnancy book i was reading leaning on my tummy and i could actually see it move as the baby kicked!
Thats awesome hana, and I agree with you about the father talking to the baby and feeling for the movement too. Mine does it quite often, and will kiss my belly and tell our baby good night too. Its awesome!!! I love how in tune he is with my pregnancy. He even got emotional during my first triemester with me. It was amazing!!!
yea, If I drink hot chocolate I get a hyper baby. I feel flutters and all after about 2min of my first drink. :)

At my next u/s I"m not gonna drink any sugar, cause this last time the baby moved so much they couldn't get a good pic.
Wow, really? I will have to remember that. I will just eat breakfast so there is some energy there to move a bit. The last one, the baby's left hand was moving up and down and up and down, it was so cool. Kinda like he or she was waving Hi Mom and Dad!!! I love ultrasounds, they are so cool!!! :-) When is your next us?
I got that too at the u/s before last. it was cute, like the baby was waving at my mom and I. Then the kid kept trying to reach out and kick me with it's little leg all stretched out. Like (Hellooo... knockknock.. I'm in here!~)
How cute!!! I cant wait til my next one. yayyy, just 4 more weeks. Well I am off to the doc to get this crud checked out finally. Talk to ya tomorrow. Take care.
I'm almost 20 weeks and I'm not 100% sure whether I've felt those little quickening movements yet.  There have been a couple times in the last 3 weeks that I'll feel something like bubbles in my lower belly, but I really don't know if that's the baby (I think it is b/c they aren't "normal" belly feelings).  I'm looking forward to the first obvious kick/movement.

So do you think it's better or worse to have sugar (orange juice, etc) right before a gender ultrasound?  I'll be finding out what we're having in a week (next Wednesday) and I'm wondering if I should avoid sugars that day so that the little bean holds still long enough for his/her parts to be visible.  
Well... worse, for me. My kid couldn't sit still. literally moved every 2 seconds. so each time she pushed the button to snap the pic it was blurry. lol,

Drink just a little glass. I had a HUGE glass before my dr's appointment.

DON"T AVOID SUGARS ALL DAY. if anything eat a granola bar before your appointment.
Its great until thier under your ribs and you wobble every where ya go!LOL i just want this baby out already!!!!!!!!
I'm starting to get a tiny wobble when I walk, when I don't focus on walking straight. lol

I've had more flutters all day off and on. When you start feeling your babies have you felt it consistantly (meaning 2-5X day) after that first day:?

Cindie
I find that baby only really moves around when i relax. If i wake early and just lay in bed i usually feel about 10-15 before an hours passed. I think its still easy to miss them. Often my partner will have his hand on belly when im reading before bed and he will notice them before me.
Then days like today he seems pretty quiet until i get excited...like i am now thinking about it and baby is responding with little and not so little kicks.
In my ultrasound (i had on tuesday) i was so excited and nervous that the baby was kicking alot. It was good though because we have a great shot of the feet.

I find it easiest to feel them in a quiet room and if im laying on my back. They are getting fairly strong now though.

When are you due?And is it your first?

(im due to meet my first on august 31st)
Ah no fair!
I'm so jelous!
I can't wait to feel my first flutter!

I thought I felt something last night when I was trying to fall asleep, but I dunno it was so faint is was almost unnoticable.

If it wasn't for the fact that it was dark and very quiet-
[[Well, ALMOST quite... if Josh wasn't in the background snoring... sounded like a friggin bottle rocket over there. lol.]]
I probably wouldn't have noticed it.

I feel mine mostly when I am sitting here in my desk leaning forward slouched a bit staring at my computer screen. It's just enough pressure to feel it in the lower part of my belly. It feel so cool. For those that haven't felt it yet, if you have ever held a baby's hand it's kind of like that light tough they have when you first touch their tiny hand. Feels like a butterly is fluttering around in there. ITs the coolest thing ever.
I also feel it when my honey and i are sitting on the couch watching a movie or when we lay down to go to sleep, once my body settles down a bit. Its funny how our movement keeps them calm, but the second we stop and relax its play time for them. :-)
I'm due Sep 13 so your a little further than me. And it is my first. Dh and I are  21yrs old. 4 days apart. It was a suprise baby, a happy one for me and a depressing one for him the first month. NOW he's all gung ho. My hubby hasn't been able to feel it yet, and anytime I mention I feel something he puts his hand on my stomach and says Where?

Then when I tell him he won't feel it for a while yet and I'm not even feeling it strongly, he's like D a m n.

Riot~ Your Hilarious. Bottle Rocket. In our relationship I'm the one who snores and keeps him up. :)
mine doesnt even kick anymore.There isnt any room.She just rolls.
ladawn~ really?  Wow. I hope I can atleast get some decent kicks before the kid gets too big. it's funny tho, cause when I wake up in the morning and am on my back, my stomach is poking out and I can def. feel my uterus. it's really cool and I'm hoping one of these mornings I'll feel little Poke, Pokes . :)
I am 16 weeks today, and since I was 15 wks I have started to feel once in a while thump thump" and then nothing for the rest of the day and then i will feel a rolling feeling which makes me feel like i just went down a big hill were your belly jumps up in to your throat! If your in tuned with your body you will know its your baby saying hello :-)
most of the time i feel the baby is when i get excited about something or during or after i eat, or if i change postitions in bed from left to right, and if i stay very still and focus on my belly and take short breaths so my belly doesnt move up and down so much you can sometimes feel it.