Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Freaked out

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Freaked out

hi, i am 23 y.o. i have unregular periods. i was on the pill for 6 months so i had my periods correctly. the last 3 months i stoped the pill and i had my periods right only +/- 2 days. This month i am 7 days late. i have period pains but no period. I did yesterday evening a predictor test and was negative. I am wondering what are the chances. Me and my b/f had unprotected sex but he always pulled out, and was on no dangerous days. i also take theroid pills t3 112mg.
Is there a chance the test is wrong? i did it 6th day late not one.
I am really freaked out... i know i had iregular periods in the past, but now i am really scared. maybe the pain i have.
Hiya, in my opinion i would say if your cycle is irregular then chances are AF is just late nothing more. The pill can mess around with your system, it takes a while for your body to re-adjust to what it considers normal, i speak from personal experience :-) Are the pains your experiencing the same as what you would get if you were on your period? As implantation cramping is usually a milder form to what you would normally experience, however each woman is different. If you have had unprotected sex then there is a possibility you could be pregnant, regardless if he pulled out or not, pre-ejaculation can contain sperm. And what do you mean by dangerous days? Days that you could be fertile? If you have irregular periods how do you map your dangerous days? And if your actually trying for a baby then there is no reason to freak out, if you are pregnant then its the most wonderful thing in the world, however if your not trying to get pregnant and are freaking out by the possibility of being so then why have un protected sex? Besides the pill there are other methods of contraception...

I would suggest re-testing in a couple of days, or if the pain gets any worse go and see your G.P asap

Best of luck
x x x
Most likely you stopping the bc has thrown off your schedule. It can take a few months for that to happen some time. If you dont start in a week I would take a HPT.
For some, going off birth control can correct a period and make it come when it should. For others, you may only have a couple of good months, then your period starts to get abnormal. Have you gained or lost any weight during those months? I would say, check for pregnancy 1 week. Most tets say if you have a negative, to wait atleast a week to retest. If no period, check in with your doctor to make sure it's nothing serious.