Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Freakin out

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Freakin out

Well I decided to call the dr my cousin is 4 weeks ahead of me n she said she feels her baby every day and I haven't felt mine since fri so I called the dr I hate doing it cuz I don't want to waste their time for freak in  out over nothing but they said to come in so here we go
How far along are you? 4 weeks can make a big difference
I am 31 weeks
u havent felt ur baby in 3 days and ur 31 weeks?
Great that they told you to come on in.  

Best wishes - please post back when you can.  
yes u need to go to doc asap....by that stage u should be feeling baby everyday
Wait . . . I thought they told you to come in?  Were you not able to go to the doctor after all?  It's been 3 hours . . .
What happened!!! Omg I'm so worried.!!! That's crazyy!
i hope u went to thr er!!
im worried to for u actually 3 days...and nothing omg:(
Keep us updated if you can! You and your baby are in my thoughts!!!
Anything?
Is everything alright?
Sorry ladies I haven't gotten back but yes I did go to the dr my dr wasn't in but I saw a nurse she found a heartbeat she said it was lower than usual and that he's not very active she checked my cervics and it has softened it's really soft ??? whatever that means she ordered me to go do a stress test at the hospital so they r gunna hook me up and monitor his heart rate but I still don't feel him :( I'm just wondering what the whole thing about my cervics being soft will he come early ? It's been a scary pregnancy thanks for all caring :)
The fact that your cervix has softened could mean you may go into early labor. I'll be praying everything is okay!
Hope everything turns out ok
GREAT that she found a heartbeat,  and great that you're going in for a nonstress test.  You're in good hands.

You don't say how low the heartrate is,  but it sounds like since your cervix is softening there's a problem with the placenta not growing with the same pace as the baby,  and not providing enough oxygen.  

You can relax and know that your doctor is on this,  and they are aware and thank God for medical technology that will bring you and your baby through this!
Thanks I am heading to the hospital for a stress test now yea she said my cervics was softened
how much lower was the heartbeat?
It's usually 140 to 150 it was 110
I'm going to do the stress test now at thehospitali don't like going because I feel like they think I'm just  wasting their time
Praying for you and baby
Better to be safe then sorry.. Your not wasting there time.. Its their job to check you and baby out.. You should feel your baby everyday without fail.. Good luck hun x
They're not wasting their time,  Jones.  I read upthread that the baby's heartrate is 110,  and that's a concern.  He's fine now,  for the time being,  but there are decisions to be made if his heartrate isn't up and with good movement.  

Hope it goes well - you're at a stage in pregnancy where if you have to deliver now there's reason to believe he'll be fine.
Thanks very much for your support I appreciate it my family doesn't seem to understand so its nice to have u ladies after this stress test I will see the dr again Thursday and they have already given me the shots for my boys lungs so I know it will be ok I'm just trying to keep a clear head and not stress I'm at the hospital alone being a single mama this is one of the hardest things is being here alone
Its ok hun.. Chin up!!! Your doing whats best for your baby!! Be strong x
Are you having to stay there overnight?
Hope everything is okay with you and baby and they find whatever is wrong,sending my prayers your way and hoping for the best !!
U nd ur lil one r in my prayers:)
I didn't stay the night they said his heart beat was consistent and they called the dr who said instead of modified bedrest I am now on complete bedrest I see him again on thur and in sure he will check my cervics it was really soft the nurses said so we will c thanks for all ur concern and advise ladies :) they did say Noah is measuring 4 lbs and in 31+4 he is a big guy lol
Glad to hear it went well.  Great that he's a big boy - it sounds like they are keeping a close eye on him.  ;D
glad to hear that jones xoxox:) did they say the movement decreased so much?
They didn't say but I'm gunna ask my dr I'm wondering if if could be his positioning I haven't felt my boy a whole lot this pregnancy but I still am able to be aware of when he kicks that's why I was so worried I've had so many issues that the dr was thinking about inducing at 36 weeks depending on his weight.... It worries me because a couple months ago my cousin was almost 38 weeks and she had her 37 wk check up and everything was on then she went in again and baby stopped growing and heartbeat was list so I definitely try to keep a good eye on it
jones,  when a baby that has been moving well suddenly stops moving very much it's an indication that the baby isn't getting enough oxygen.  When they aren't getting enough oxygen,  the heart rate slows and they stop moving,  to conserve the oxygen that they do have.  

That's what's happened here.  Your baby had a good heart rate and was moving well,  and then something happened to the placenta (don't know what) and the oxygen level was reduced.

He's now getting enough oxygen if he sits still and his heart rate slows - and so that's what he's doing.

I'm not saying this to worry you - your doctor certainly has his eye on this and all will be fine.  ;D
Oops  second paragraph,  I mean to say "that what it SOUNDS like has happened here".  Sorry,  I really don't know,  just going off what you are going through.