Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Funeral

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Funeral

My best friends sister passed away last night I was telling my grandma and she said that it was bad luck to attend the funeral or the viewings? Have you all heard anything like that? I've been put on modified bedrest so I probably shouldn't go at all but it is my best friends little sister, I feel horrible :(
I've never heard it, but it's just probably one of those old wives tales/superstitious things that people have been saying for year.
I agree with the above poster, I bet you'll be fine and so will baby.
I agree it's just superstition.  My three year old cousin never woke up from his sleep on January, and my grandfather passed away on February. I went to both of their funerals and visit their graves. I'm 39 weeks with a healthy baby. It was an extremely tough time! May they rest in peace.
Farojan im so sorry for your loss it must of been tough for you. I will def keep your Fam in my prayers.
Septbaby22 I've heard of that to, but dont think its true. If you believe in it just keep your distance from the coffin and you'll be fine.
I agree i think its just a superstition wives tale. I am 24 weeks pregnant with second baby. When i was pregnant with my first in 2012 my mom passed away in her sleep the morning after my baby shower when i was 34 weeks pregnant. We buried her when i was 35 weeks and i had a perfect healthy baby girl at 37.5 weeks.
Linny so sorry for your loss. I know it must have been very hard for you. May she rest in peace.
Thank you. It was extremely hard. Sometimes still is. It'll be two years in August. But i know she's in a better place and my little girl reminds me so much of her. Definitely a bittersweet. I am sorry for both of your losses as well. Know it's okay to cry.
Septbaby, i bet she would love to have your support there and im sure you and baby will be okay. She'll understand if you dont go to close to the coffin. I did stand close with my mom. Sorry for you friends loss.
Thank you all for your comments, I know it's just superstition and it would mean a lot if was there, I'm so sorry for all your losses, I can't imagine what you all have gone through especially pregnant
My brothers girl friend went to her moms funeral an she was fine.
I'm sorry for you and your friends loss. I dont believe in the superstition. I have never heard of it. My mom just passed away 3weeks ago and of course I went to the viewing and memorial. I am 32weeks1day and so far my baby girl is just fine.