Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Funny Taste in mouth...Do you think this is a sign?????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

For the past week I have been having a weird funny taste in my mouth. It's hard to explain and no matter how many times i brush my teeth this weird taste will not go away. I am not sick and I am not taking prenatal vitamins and I can especially taste this weird taste when I am drinking anything, even sodas don't taste the same, I have went thru a pack of gum in one day just to keep the taste out of my mouth. Its  basically at the back of my throat and on my tongue too, everything i drink is not the same and it has sort of a salty taste. I took a test yesterday and it wasnt the one where you can test 5 days before it was a family dollar brand, and i dont know when Im supposed to start because i was on provera last month due to not coming on for two months. I'm going to take another test tomorrow but wanted to know could this be a sign.
Pregnancy can effect your sense of taste/smell.  A few days after I found out I was pregnant everything tasted metallic - luckily that only lasted a couple of days!

best of luck to you

"throws baby dust"
I dont know if it is a sign or not... but I definately had this same thing for weeks at the beginning of this pregnancy (didnt have it with my daughter).   It lasted weeks and I had to switch to my daughters baby toothpaste.

Good luck! :)