Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Get this!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Get this!

So i lost my job as most of you know on November 1st, from new owners buying the place. and ever since then. DB has done nothing to help with Cole. dont feed him, dont change him, and barley plays with him.   I do everything, cooking, cleaning, bottles, laundry, feeding Cole, diapers, playing, calming him cause hes teething.  He does nothing, he gets home from work and goes in his bedroom.  doesnt even barley say hello!...  He got a new video game Saturday afternoon and played it non stop the entire freaking day and night then all over again yesterday. got home from work today and goes in the room to watch tv.  

Cole is screaming and i needed a sec to clean up a bit, so i take Cole back to the room... and this is what gets me...

He has him for like 5 minutes and comes out here hands him to me and saids will you change him.. WTF.. why cant you!!! and I asked him, what are you doing, his response is "watching tv"  so im looking at him dumb founded and he gets all worked up going on and on about how he jsut had a ****** day at work and its not a big deal, that i should just do it... well okay, why in the world if its not a big deal, cant you do it, he gets pissed and walks to the room and slams the door....

He is being so selfish right now... I dont get what his problem is,, he used to help alot more when i was working,, how can he think that now that im not working that he dont have to help with Cole..

Do you think hes being selfish and inconsiderate?
very inconsiderate! indeed! Yes, your home but being home and doing ALL of that PLUS taking care of a child IS A FULL TIME JOB. It drives me so crazy knowing men won't change diapers when it takes 2 minutes at the most. I mean seriously.

He may of had a bad day at work but taking two minutes out of his tv time shouldn't hurt him that bad! I'm sorry!! Hope it gets better.
very much so. i mean it is his son. he can take time outta his busy tv time Lol joke.    to play and care for his son. is he still mad.
No hes acting like it didnt happen
oh. don't you just love that. sorry you went/are going threw that. is it just you him and cole that live there
yea now hes being all nice and joking around.. grr.. he makes me mad, but its so hard for me to stay mad at him.  

but no we live with my mom, but shes NEVER here...
I hate staying mad at DF too. Sounds like y'all need to have a sit down and talk about everything that is going on and hope that he understands and doesn't get upset with you. If that doesn't work, I don't know.. Have to find some other way to get him to listen, understand & then help out more. That's part of his responsibilty too. I know men sometimes think the mother knows best, but fathers are supposed to help too.

my cousin goes through this same thing on a daily basis and has for two years with her boyfriend. She finally left him about 2 weeks ago. Guess there is only so much you can take. Really hope it works out for you though.

Men need to know that a child, while they may be precious and you just want whats best for them... they are also hard work. They don't come into the world knowing how to take care of themselves. It takes the parents to teach them.... and parents to do what's best. It's so frustrating I am sure. You love them sooo much but they sure can make you mad sometimes!! lol
nice.  yes it is very hard to stay mad. guys just never grow up. and sorry that you'r mom is never there. i bet it would be Alot of help If she was.