Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Getting kicked in the bladder.. breech baby?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

hey hey,

I'm wondering/worried about my baby boy because he has been kicking me in the bladder, lower abdominem, and butt area (wow does that feel weird!) for a long time now.. like 3 weeks.

My bf can hardly feel him kick because the majority of the force is put upon my insides. This makes me think he is in BREECH position with his feet where his head is supposed to be... and this might be ok but he hasnt come out of it for a while.

But I guess he will flip around when its time, right?

Also is there any tips to get him to do a 180?? lol seriously.. and sometimes the bladder/butt kicks REALLY hurt and make me feel like Im gonna pee my pants

its all new to me!
It could be his head down there that is hitting you or his little fists. You don't really need to worry about him flipping over if he is breech until about 38 weeks. You can try laying with your feet propped and a drastic angle since that is supposed to help them flip or taking a flash light and making a line from the top of your stomach down to the bottom to see if he'll follow it. But at this stage he's probably flipping around all over. Aspen would change directions everyday until one day she just got too big and couldn't flip again and that was at like 36 weeks.
Ok that helps. I'll give some of those a try. Aspen.. what a beautiful name!
Thank you! If you need anymore ideas on trying to get the baby to turn just ask. Although they may not always help. At least they didn't for me. :(
I have the same filling and I had us scan before 2 days and yes my girl is in a breech position and she is keeping that position for 2 weeks. But is too early to think that se will stay in this position till the end.
I am 21 weeks an all I feel is baby kicking me on my bladder. I had a scan about 3 weeks ago and doctor said baby was breach. It is very weird feeling everytime he pushes on the bladder. Sometime I even jump when he kicks.
I know the feeling  too, you guys.. but you don't have to worry about this until you are like a few weeks from your due date... the baby will kind of be adrift, turning and rolling and changing positions every so often.. don't sweat it.. Unless at around 37 or 38 weeks he is still breech. I see you are due a whole month and a half after I am wild.blue and I am at 28 weeks.. this isn't really anything to be concerned about at all at this point.. sometimes I feel like I'm being kicked in the butt too, Hahaha.. and sometimes I feel a foto or something in my bladder, but others I know he's facing right up against my belly, and he completely changes positions sometimes, and a couple times I felt him totally flip around, it felt like he was swimming circles. hah.. when you get farther along, like into the upper 30's in weeks, there won't be as much room so he will basically be confined to one position, that is when you should worry about it. until then, it's fine.. :)
I meant foot, not foto... lol  and also, more recently so, I feel him kicking my ribs, nice good jabs that I'm sure are feet, rather than hands.. So that shows that he must be flipping around occasionally. If I were you, I'd enjoy the kicks from the insides, before he starts on the ribs, that really hurts sometimes.
I hear ya! Im 21 weeks 4 days. I had a dr visit a few days ago, and baby was breach. I am also feeling kicking low and tons of pressure on my bladder, especially when I stand up.
Kicking at the bladder as well. My little girl is very very much moving around A LOT in there since week 6 lol! Everytime I get a scan of her, she is in a different position. I hope she moves head down again soon.
I can't image how its gonna feel to be kicked in the ribs!!

Thanks KStar for all the advice. I'll stop worrying about it and try to enjoy it more!  

It just feels sooooo weird sometimes lol
Okay, first have the doc confirm if the child is in fact breech and it depends on how much longer you have left.  With my first child I was down to about 2 weeks before due date and he was breech.  I was told by an elderly lady to lie on the floor and stack phone books under my rear with my feet propped up onto the couch.  (I lived in Dallas, so the phone books were large!)  She said I needed to convince the baby I was upside down since he didn't like standing on HIS head.  After 20 mins each night for a week, it must have worked because he flipped.  When a baby turns over in the last few days it is very painful and a tight squeeze.  But alas, no c-section for me!
lol that's great! I'm only 23 wks and so I wont worry about it for a while. But if baby is still breech I will give the phone book thing a try - I live in Albuquerque .. big phone books as well ;D
Your welcome! And that is good advice for near the end of the pregnancy,kristinna, if it worked for you. I will remember that.
Getting kicked in the ribs, sometimes when he's being kind of lazy, it almost tickles from the inside, it's odd! But other times, when there's more force to it, ouch!!