Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Getting really worried and wishing it were July already..can anyone she...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Getting really worried and wishing it were July already..can anyone shed some light..HELP!!!!!!!!

Just a quick update to fill you in before i get in to the most recent problems. I'm pregnant with my second child (a boy). My first pregnancy was perfect up until the last couple of weeks, this one has been nothing but problems. I bled at 9 weeks...thought i miscarried at 13..they couldn't find a heartbeat. I have had major swelling in my legs since 19 weeks along with my legs being various shades of red, blue and purple..which they say is because of the way the baby is laying. Anyway the latest happend a couple of nights ago. I was sitting down totally relaxed and my nose started bleeding out of no where. After i got it stopped i figure i would check my blood pressure. It was sky high..i'm talking 180/90 which is really high for me. Normally i'm around 115/65 or so.  Anyway i waited and after 20 minutes or so it was down closer to normal so i figured that it was just the machine i was using. Anyway that night it went up again and the following morning it was again up in the 160/88 range.  I started freaking out and immediately went to the hospital. Of course by the time i got there it was down to normal again and they looked at me like i was crazy. They did do a urine test and blood tests to rule out pre-eclampsia and according to my doctor all levels were in the mid normal range which to them is great.  The only thing was my white blood cell count was a little elevated. She didn't tell me the numbers but now i'm worried about that. She said it was probaby because i had a bad cold the week before but am now over it so shouldn't the levels be back to normal? Anyway just something else to ponder and worry about.  My biggest worry is whether or not i'm going to have those bp spikes again because it just about scared me to death. I had visions of giving birth to my 25 week old son right there but luckily because of all the tests coming back ok they're not worried. But i am...something is definately going on with my body. Does anyone have any similar experiences that they can shed some light maybe? Also does anyone know if a raised white cell count will effect me having a csection if it doesn't go down by the time i'm scheduled to have one? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated it...it just seems like everything is going wrong this pregnancy and i'm really scared.
I seriously doubt your white blood cell count will still be elevated when it comes time to deliver.  Unless you have a major infection, in which case you should have other symptoms as well.  As for the blood pressure it's not uncommon for a pregnant womans bp to spike sometimes.  I have a friend whose BP was all over the place during her pregnancy.  She too had several complications including placenta previa that resolved itself, she had bleeding and other issues.  She was induced on her due date and her son is now 20 months old and perfectly fine.  She too had swelling, but did not have preeclampsia
Well that's good to know...thanks for replying.  I just don't understand why it's elevated at all...i mean i got over my cold more then a week ago so i would think it should be back to normal about now.
Keep in mind that just becuase your body has fought off enough of the illness to make you feel better, there could still be some that your immune system is working on, causing the high count.  It may take a week or two for it to return to normal even after you begin to feel better.
Oh i didn't realize that...that could very well be it then...it was a pretty bad cold that lasted for over a week. Anyway thanks again for your reply :)