Pregnancy 18-24 Community
HCG levels and Bleeding

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

HCG levels and Bleeding

Has anyone ever experienced heavy bleeding durning pregnancy with low rising HCG levels and still had a successful pregnancy? I have had several ultra sounds and they all showed know gestational sac or fetal yolk. My hcg levels started at 649 and a week later they were 1694. I really don't know what to expect. I am not bleeding like I was but I now have some pink spotting. I don't know if I misscarried or if the baby  is somewhere else. My doctor said she was for sure from the ultrasound it was not in my tubes. What do you think is going on?
Sounds just like what happened with me and i am sorry to say but i lost the baby my hormone count only went up to 1400 but so hopefully urs has a better out come ... all the best jodie oxox
In early pregnancy levels have to double at least every 24-72 hours. It doesn't sound like yours are doubling and heavy vaginal bleeding is not a good indicator as well. I'm sorry that you are going threw this I wish you the best. :(
How rapid your levels go up? Did you have spotting  or heavy bleeding? I had heavy bleeding and now my levels are still going up.
Its possible to bleed and still go on to have a healthy pregnancy. I had dark red bleeding like a period for 5 weeks during my pregnancy and everything ended okay. However when I had a miscarriage I only spotted and although my levels were rising they weren't doubling in the time span they needed to. Its possible that everything could be fine but I don't want to give you false hope since the odds do not look good right now.
Thank you! I just don't know what to do. I don't know if I have undelvelopd pregnancy or miscarrage (miscarriage) going on. I wanna trust my doctors but I also wanna do the best thing for me so that I won't harm my life or chances to be able to concieve (conceive) again. What would you do? I been out to the hospital for two weeks now and I am tired.
Well how far along do you think you are? If your less then 8 weeks its very hard to be able to see anything. I personally saw a heartbeat at 6 weeks but I've heard of people not seeing anything until around 9 and they went on to have healthy pregnancies. I would suggest maybe getting a repeat ultrasound when you are supposed to be around 9 weeks to see if anything has developed more.