Pregnancy 18-24 Community
HELP!! Girlfriend MIGHT Possible be Pregnant.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

My 19 year old girlfriend and I think she might possibly be pregnant. She told me herself that she usually get her period on the seventh, eighth, or latest, ninth day of the month. However, it is three days past the due cycle. Long story short... We were slow grinding after I ejaculated (So there might be some dry semen on my penis), and we did not use a condom.

ANYWAY, I do not want her to be pregnant.

We are still not sure if she is or not. It has only been a few weeks since we last did that activity, but not having her period is scaring her... And me. I do not want to go out and buy a home pregnancy test, probably because it might be too early, and might show negative results.

SO, the question is... What should I do to prevent her becoming pregnant at this stage? She shows no signs of being pregnant, so I came here to seek professional or experienced advice.

Should I buy birth control pills to suppress this? Or is there some kind of abortion pill? If so, can someone recommend me a brand or a local drug store to purchase this product? Please please I need some help... I cannot stop worrying. Thanks for taking your time to read this topic. If you have further more question, please do not hesitate to ask, and I will respond as soon as possible. Thanks again!!
Wow this conversation has kinda went crazy! As Clysta said your kinda jumping the gun here, she hasnt taken a pregnancy test to even say for sure if she is pregnant or not,  and yes she can take one now... then you guys go from there, her period could just be late cause thats what they do sometimes regardless of how regular a girl can be... and i get what you mean when you were saying that you guys are saving sex for marriage... in the sense of losing your virginity obviously, yes the fooling around is considered forms of sex but you guys are not actually having sex... and yes you are on here for advice for the both of you, as you said you both are scared so knowing all the options isnt a bad thing(and yes you do sound clueless but your a 19 yr old virgin male...kinda makes senseyou dont  know a lot about birth control...sounds pretty understandable) but just take it step by step... first see if she is even pregnant.. then go from there... and yes if its a false alarm, next time be more careful...condoms can be used even if your not actually having sex... but good for you guys for saving your virginity till your married... that is kinda sweet- and very rare these days... good luck... hope it works out for you guys!
At this point it is too late for intervention. If she is pregnant then she is pregnant. She needs to take a test which she cando now.
Also if she is pregnant does she want the baby? If she is pregnant at that point it is fully her decision. I understand you don't want the baby but that is soely her choice
I agree, there is very little you can do at this point. You can have an abortion done, but this has to be by a doctor--there is no magical pill that can stop that. BC works to prevent pregnancy, not terminate an existing one.

You need to go get a pregnancy test, as it will be accurate at this point. I would also suggest you both look into condoms unless you both intend to abstain from sex---seeing the high probability that you WON'T, condoms would be a smart choice.
Yeah we talked about it. And we are sure. Thanks for the concern.
Um... We didn't have sex. We were helping each other masturbate... And I "came" first, and she was still horny. She then wanted to ride on top of it. We won't be having sex until marriage, and this was the only way to satisfy our needs. Unfortunately, I probably did not wipe myself clean enough, and might have rubbed off some onto her. So yeah... I will still be looking into getting condom. Thanks for the concern.
Sorry you are stressed. Yes there is a couple options. Plan B is the best but it must be taken up to 72 hours after intercourse. So if your passed that time I would suggest to get a test. If she's already passed her menstrual date then its not too early to take a test. Go buy one! If its positive then there is an abortion pill at planned parenthood. It's pretty simple, she just needs to go in. The earlier the better. Don't worry its pretty simple and affordable. Good luck!
So you guys all think I should get the pregnancy test? Like I mentioned before, would it be too early to give a result? She still hasn't experienced any symptoms. Maybe her period is just delayed due to stress? Should I wait any longer just to make sure? Thanks for the help girls. I really need it.
I hate to tell you, but what you did IS considered "sex before marriage"...sex isn't ONLY penetration.
Wait... There is an abortion pill? I thought it was too late... And what do you mean planned parenthood? And what do you mean she just needs to go in? Thanks again.
If her period is late, she can take a home pregnancy test. You can buy them at the pharmacy for a few bucks, wal-mart, or even at the dollar store.

Planned Parenthood is an organization that exists in most cities and will give you free pregnancy tests as well as counseling on abortion/adoption/pregnancy options.
Oh?... I am not sure anymore... Because I thought sex would be taking someone's virginity. Does getting her pregnant be considered sex before marriage?
So is Planned Parenthood only for confirmed/positive pregnant women? It is fine for me to go there alone? I think she might be too scared to go in... Thanks Ashelen for explaining this.
I'm sorry but you are both old enough to know the outcome of any kind of sexual activity. If she is pregnant you should deal with it. Having an abortion is not a way out.
Thats my personal opinion.

BUT fact wise if she is pregnant Plan B will not work. She will have to go in for a surgical abortion or the abortion pill. If she is not pregnant you should both use this as a wake up call and have her explore her birth control options, use condoms (even when "grinding") or dont have sex. Good Luck to you.
I think you're confused on the different things that are out there. Plan B is NOT an abortion pill---it's an emergancy contraceptive and has to be taken within 72 hours. It's a waste of money because you didn't have sex. So I don't understand why you're so concerned. As for the abortion pill, there IS one out there but you one have to actually find OUT if she's pregnant (you're kinda jumping the gun here) and then go from there. This can be taken (I believe) up to 9 weeks of pregnancy.

And no, sex isn't only taking someone's virginity. Anything sexual is deemed as "sex" IE oral SEX. This doesn't involve any form of penetration with the penis.
And Ashelen is right. What you guys are doing is "sex before marriage". Wanting to wait to have sex until you are married means refraining from ANY kind of sexual behavior except kissing, sometimes that is even looked down upon.
And um...she kinda has to go. They're not going to listen to you and then just hand you what you ask for. They need to test her (so she has to go) and then you discuss your options.
You are right. I have nothing to say to that. I will see as it a future wake up call. Thanks.
But what was Plan B? Was it something 72 hours after intercourse?
Read my last post--it tells you what it is.
Plan B HAS to be taken within 72 hours of unprotected sex and even then it sometimes doesnt work. It stops a woman from releasing an egg. AND it WILL not terminate an existing pregnancy. LIke Clysta said find out for sure if she is even pregnant. YOu could be worrying yourself for nothing
Wish I can delete my previous post. Kinda too slow to keep up with all those responses. Thanks girls. If I have further more questions, I will be sure to come back. You guys were a great help, and I will be sure to talk with her. Thank you.
phew what a marathon) fantastic comments from everyone, well done  :)
Thanks for replying. As I said before I will be getting a pregnancy test soon, just to make sure I am not worrying for nothing. I really just hope that her period is late... I was kinda praying the whole day... But you girls for all the help. It was very sweet of you guys to help a clueless male into the whole pregnancy world. Thanks!
Yeah, it was crazy at first, but I kind of got the hang of it. I am lucky that I have joined a very helpful community. Thanks again!
If you guys are so religiouz, isnt abortion against the rules of god? Im not religious so idk, buts its murder and not a form of birth control. You cant just go out and get abortions like its candy. Well you can, but its wrong. You two are old enough to know better. Im 19 and pregnant age doesnt matter, it is frowned on buf I could give a crap what people say because im pregnant. Im an adult. And you should be too. Take responsibility for your actions
Oh know, we are not religious. It is just that when all hope seem to be heading downwards, don't you feel sometimes you would be praying for a miracle? Sorry if I wasn't clear about that. But yeah, not religious, just that I felt like praying was the only option left.
well there r poeple out ther like me and my husband that would like a child so thats a way to go to, just saying
Yeah, I understand. Just that we are 19, and attending a University. So there is a still long life ahead. Just that I made a stupid mistake. And it is my fault. And... I just don't know what to do anymore... But yeah bless2, I know what you mean.