Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Has anyone else had a sore throat during early pregnancy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

I am only 4 weeks and 4 days and I have had a sore throat for the last 4 or 5 days (pretty much since I found out I was prego) this is my first pregnancy so I have no idea what to expect I was just wondering if anyone else had this and if there is anything I can do for it or if I should go to the doctor?
Anyone???
How strange as im nearly 8 weeks and at about 4/5 weeks had such a sore throat that it kept me awake for a couple of nights, think it must be my imune system abit low as so sick not eating like i normally do, i did take paracetomol for that first evening but do check with your doctor/midwife before you take anything. Good luck with your pregnancy x
I had a sore throat in early pregnancy at times.. I would check with your doctor before taking anything.  If you can live with it, I wouldnt take anything.  The stage of your pregnancy, it is a really critical time for brain development in your baby  so its best to avoid anything that you can.  Of course if its not livable, your doctor can probably tell you what is safe to take,
Thanks I am going to wait it out and see if it goes away by Monday and if not I'm going to go see my doctor... I can't even fall asleep with it so if I can get something to help a little it would be nice (:
I had one at the same time, and I let it go. I saw my midwife when I began bleeding and I had a severe sinus infection and needed antibiotics. I got it again at 8 weeks. :(
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers