Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Has anyone had "implantation bleeding" and multiple BFN'...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Has anyone had "implantation bleeding" and multiple BFN's??

Ugh- This is probably the most frustrating thing I've ever dealt with. I'm almost 2 weeks late... 4 BFN's.. I'm waiting til next Thursday before I call my doctor for a blood test. But about a week before my expected period, I had some light spotting for two days. Which was nothing like my regular  period.. it was brownish and had a bit of a texture to it instead of just being liquidy.. So I thought this could be considered the inplantation (implantation) bleeding that I've read so much about.  I've had other sypmtoms such as, light nausea, frequent headaches, lower backache, extreme fatigue, eating everything in sight so therefore gaining a bit of weight, and some crazy dreams (not sure if that is a symptom.. haha) I'm pretty regular.. so I was very confused to be going through all of this and still have multiple negative results. Anyone have a similar expierence?? Were you pregnant after all?? Please help, I feel as though I've been waiting forever!
Implantation generally happens,time period is due.rather than week before.it sounds like mid cycle spotting.being 2 weeks late.you would get a positive by now.as you be consider nearly 6 wks.by LMP...if you have ovulated later,this will make your period later,but your doing the right thing having a blood test.good luck.
Implantation bleeding is actually rare and happens to 25% of women. It also does not occur over 2 days time and most often occurs for a few hours and often is only seen when you wipe.
With the negative preg tests it is unlikely you are pregnant. You may just have had a wacky cycle that happens to all of us from time to time.
Just want to clarify that I was spotting on and off for two days. And I read about having the IB as long as a week up until 2 days before the expected period.. which what i had was 5 and 4 days from my expected period. thats why i thought this could be IB. Thanks for helping me.
As previous poster said implantation bleeding isnt the normal.ive never had in in 8 previous pregnancys.( dont have 8 kids,just the one.) but yor 2 weeks late,you should be having a positive by now,when women get implantion bleed you can get positive test 3 days + later.dont sound like you are,best of luck with the docs,let us know how you get on.
not sure how i reposted that last one..
Despite what the previous posters have said-its is possible to be prgnant. I know this because what you have written is exactly how all three of my pregnancy's have started. Never had it officially confirmed but my guess is I ovulate really late in my cycle which puts my pregnancy dates all out of wack. However I know this is rare and definitley not the norm. With my first two children i was patient and just took repeat tests every 3-4 days till it showed up but with this one I ended up goin to the doctors after several (more than 10) BFN's to find out where my AF had gone as after so many BFN's I was convinced something else was causing my period to dissapear-he ran the usual bloods and lo and behold it showed up I was pregnant. And my HCG levels were consistent with that of someone who is 4 weeks pg despite  the fact by LMP date I should have been 6-7 weeks pregnant. After many blood tests as the doctors were convinced it was not a viable pregnancy due to "low hormone levels" the dating scan put me at the dates that the first blood test was correct with (if you understand me) and i'm now 28 weeks along.
Dont matter when you ovulate in a cycle late or early.your period will come within 16 days,this is your luteal phase.a pregnancy will not substain if luteal phase is less than 10-12 days.if your not ovulating you can have break through bleeding which is possible she  has experienced.since no period and negative test.once implanataion has taken place,it means your body will then start to produce HCG.pregnancy hormone if you  know your cycle then a period being 2 weeks late would give an accurate answer by now.this is why we have said the best option is a blood test.
Unfortunately I dont really understand the technicalities of the different phases of the month. Ive never really spent much time concentrating on my cycle - I know I should incase anything unusual happens I can be aware and get myself down to the doctors. I didnt realise that it didnt matter when you ovulate I just couldnt come up with any other explanation as to why I kept getting BFN's 2 weeks after AF was due. I agree that a blood test is best. I just wanted to reasure that I have been there too 3 times and have two children and 28 weeks pregnant.
Lol.Im the same took many years of learning about my own body,then finally realized was doing it all wrong.ive got a 16 year old but its all such a long time ago.doing it myself again now.not as far as you only 20 weeks,feels like forever though.it matters when you ovulate so you can time intercourse,but many are confused to when we actually ovulate  and that if  ovulation happens a period will come,of course unless of pregnancy.like me.keep missing the right time,so took up charting etc.its a good thing to do,36 years old and didnt know my body properly.and still learning :)
Definitely going to wait another 2 days or so to call my doctor for the blood test. Thanks everyone and i'll keep you posted.
2 weeks 4 days late. Still no period. and another negative.. so i guess no luck. thanks for all of your help!
Hi MissHollyann

Can you please let me know what finally you did ? and were you pregnant that time? how did you find out the exact result?  Just want to know because I am am having same symptoms as you had emntioned and in similar situation.