Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Has anyone used Juice Plus+ while pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

I went to a Juice Plus seminar thing a few weeks ago that featured a family doc talking about the benefits of Juice Plus. The only thing is online I can't really find any independant information about the benefits or drawbacks of using thier vitamin supplements durring pregnancy. Does anyone have any experience using this stuff while pregnant?

Thanks!
We were pressured from all angles to do it from our OBs office.  To me, it sounds like just another supplement scam... and I am not into over doing those sorts of things.  I feel like you should get your nutrition from REAL FOOD.  Not supplements.  

There is a mid-wife at our OB who is a rep for Juice Plus.  So, in our minds... we were just another sale.  This stuff was not for us :)  Plus, what is wrong with getting sound nutrition from actual food, ya know?  I am 35 weeks pregnant with a completely healthy child and I didn't take that stuff... instead I have been eating a well balanced diet.  I think that Juice Plus will be yet another supplement fad that will fade away eventually.  
I worked with someone at one point who swore by it and went on and on about how if you just take this you will be fine. Keep in mind she is now selling the stuff. One day when she was sick I said what, you didnt take your juice plus today? And she said it takes 6 months before it starts working. If you ask me its another scam since they cost an arm and a leg and she has no proof of it working.

Just food for thought.
Yeah the girl I know who sells it keeps telling me about how they never get sick, but I remember when we worked together she got sick just like everyone else.

Yeah, its a real knee slapper eh? Id say your better off studying what fruits and veggies you should eb focussing on.
I have always been real heath concious and ate extremly healthy. I started using Juice Plus about 9 weeks into my last pregnancy. Before that I was so tired my other kids had to survive on their own. My dr. gave me iron pills which I took for a month and nothing changed, she told me it would be a couple of months before they worked. So that is when I decided I need somthing now. My mom was taking Juice Plus and gave me hers (the Garden and Orchard blends plus a powder mix). I stoped taking the iron pills and prenatels. Within a few days I was feeling like my self again. I didn't even need to take naps. I stayed at healthy wieght. And my dr. noticed my iron was where it needed to be. So now I am pregnant agian and have been cosistantly taking it since the last pregnacy and I have been feeling great this whole time.
I have never heard of this drink before, but do know you should make sure it is pasteurized----as with all juices!
:)
-1st
Not even sure that you will get this considering your post was 3 years ago, BUT Juice Plus+ is not some supplement! And let me ask you... so you get your 17 servings f each fruit and veggies a DAY?? I'm sure if you are like most of us, that makes eating really expensive and none of us eat that many servings of the "goodstuff" every day.

One thing that was the key feature for me with JuicePlus+ you can take the entire bottle, and you don't have to worry about going to the emergency room. Or if you have a young child that gets into them and eats more than the daily dose you don't have to worry, all it will do is give you the poops. Its like getting an overdose of fruits and veggies. Idk of any other "Supplements" out there that can say that! Even Viatimins you havta be careful with making sure you don't take more than the recommended daily dose.

Juice Plus+ has made a huge difference in my and my husbands life, we don 't get sick in the winter anymore, my allergies have mproved immensly the little ones constipations issues vanished! I have nothing bad to say at all about Juice Plus+ and am so thankful I found it.
Juice Plus is not a juice, nor a supplement. Though I would never feel comfortable recommending Juice Plus as a replacement for prenatal vitamins, I do consider it a very, very good addition to your prenatal, and just a great addition to your regular diet in general.  It is a whole food product, meaning it is actual fruits and vegetables you are consuming, not just a supplement.  You are receiving the nutritional benefits of the 17 fruits and vegetables that you probably don't eat in a day, and there is nothing wrong with that!  Especially when you are considering the health of your baby also.  As far as the claims that Juice Plus will keep you from getting sick ever again, though building your immune system is definitely a side effect of eating your fruits and vegetables, and it should benefit your health, it by no means is a cure-all to any illness you will ever encounter. Yes, I sell Juice Plus, and I hope I never present JP with an urge so to express how bad I want your money.  Juice Plus is expensive, so I try not to force the issue, but I do believe in the product.    It is not magic, it is just a great nutritional resource for those of us who don't regularly eat our daily servings of fruits & vegetables as we should.
actually it's a little misleading!! It's a gel capsule and not a drink so no problems with pasteurization.
I do agree with you in part but do have to say that for me it was and is still the best thing I have taken as regards vitamins, etc.  1995 I had breast cancer and afterwards my immune system was low, way low as was my health - colds, flue, anything came by it stopped at my door.  A friend of mine told me about juice plus and I bought it.  Took 2 tabs of each am and pm and upped it to 3 each am and pm during winter months.  I can honestly say that since 1995 I have maybe had four or five bad colds/flu bugs.  Mostly I am fit as a fiddle regarding my immunity which is better than my familys and this I noticed within the first winter - they use juice plus on aids patients to bring up their immunity level in order to give them stronger medications (a bomb or something like that I was told).  It brings up your level of red blood cells and puts oxygen into your blood.  Whatever it does, it's a huge hit with me, and when my D-in-law had very low immune levels I gave her my juice plus which she said did her a world of good.  So, from MY perspective, it has been a cold/flu saver and has buoyed up my immune system hugely compared to many others around me - they catch the colds etc and I breeze through.
this is my first pregnancy and i am taking juice plus i take 2 garden blend, 2 vineyard blend and 2 orchard blend a day. in the beginning i wasnt taking them  and i was really tired and i didnt do anything all day except lay in bed and watch movies, it was kind of depressing! i talked to a friend who used it throughout her pregnancy and befor (she doesnt sell it) and she told me to try it so i did and it was like my energy was restored and i was up and ready to go i started playing disk golf and hiking in the park and walking and volenteering at a baby center, i was doing more as a pregnant woman then i was when i wasnt! when we moved we packed them into a box and it took us about 2 weeks to find the box and those 2 weeks were awful!!! i was in a bad mood and back in bed and i was even throwing up again. so im back on them and happier then ever! i also did some research where i came across
http://www.teamjp.net/docs/Pregnancy%20and%20Juice%20Plus+.pdf
and i loved the statistics of the group comparison!