Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Have to vent.... I HATE the 'My Pregnancy' weight tracker!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

I am 37 weeks pregnant and have gained 36.2 pounds to date. Whenever I update my weight it reflects that I am in the 'high' weight gain region -- which only makes me feel like crap! My body is going to do what it does while I am pregnant, and it would be unhealthy for me to try to suppress weight gain. Also: this chart doesn't seem to take into account the fact that smaller women often do end up gaining an average of 40 pounds. I gained 38 with my first child and assume that I will be around the 40 pound mark this time around too.

Gah! When you are already feeling gross about your swollen ankles and giant waistline, I do NOT appreciate this 'judgement' or 'reflection' on the status of my pregnancy weight gain as 'too much' or 'negative'......
Sorry.... just HAD to get that out, lol!
I agree! I'm only sixteen weeks and my doctors tell me I'm right on track, I've been between five and seven pounds of weight gain but the tracker says its too much.. makes me feel like a sea cow. =(
I get the updates from what to expect when expecting and it keeps telling me by now I should have gained 20 lbs. I'm 28wks and only up 8lbs.  So I have the opposite side of the spectrum but it still makes me feel bad.  like I should be eating more.  It is all baby and he is measruing early but that app makes me feel horrible still.  
I don't have the weight tracker (thank goodness lol) but I've kind of reached the point where I'm burying my head in the sand about this issue. I usually walk 2-3 miles several times a week, and I'm eating light and healthy things most of the day, and I'm gaining more than women who are happily pigging out on fast food and not exercising at all. I'm like this in my "regular life" too, really have to work just to maintain my weight, so pregnancy seems to have kicked that into overdrive, and I refuse to give my baby less calories than she needs just to meet some arbitrary standard. So I'll gain what I gain, I guess, just try to be as healthy as I can.
Lol...mine has a big red EXCESSIVE next to my weight tracker. And I have gained 31 pounds to date...I hate it. I just try to remember that the app knows nothing about my body type or build, and that all this fluid I am starting to carry weighs a LOT!
I've stopped putting in my weight!!! Lol..;-) the last gain I  had it told me it was excessive!! Well poo on you..;-)
aww hun, it also doesn't take into account that you have been on bed rest for months!  I know I haven't seen a recent pic, but in the newest one you have on there you look amazing!  I believe that our bodies will gain what they need to gain...I have started out different weights with each pregnancy, but have ended up the same weight on day of delivery with 2 out of 3 so far...wouldn't be surprised to see the same this time.  Baby will be here soon, nice and healthy and that's all that matters.  I honestly didn't even see on my tracker about where I am at with my weight gain.  (I know I am under though, I got yelled at last appt.)