Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Help, Still Not Sure!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Help, Still Not Sure!

I’m so scared!

On June 30 I was fooling around with my boyfriend in the shower and there is a small chance I might have gotten pregnant from him/me putting my finger inside of me with a small amount of semen. Or from semen dripping down and landing on my vagina.

I know I ovulated either 3 to 5 days after the 30.

July 20 I got what I assumed was my period, it lasted about 3 to 4 days which is normal. I had some bleeding that was brown in the beginning but it switched over to blood. It was enough to stain a panty liner and with some blood clots when I wiped and dripped in the toilet. It wasn't very light but it was lighter then my normal.

Around August 5 I think I might have ovulated, clear stretchy discharge but if it was only for 1 day.

On August 12 I took a pregnancy test, first thing in the morning and followed directions. I used a clear blue digital that tests 5 days earlier. It as a negative.

August 17, it’s a couple of days before my period which should be Aug 20. My lower stomach by belly button feels tight and tense. When I press on it, it feels kind of hard but I still have fat on top of the hardness. It feels better when I lay back, which might be just my muscles because I've been leaning forward for about 3 hours during class. It seems to start acting up every time i lean forward. I have slight nausea which could be simply from stress and I might be a bit more hungry. I am slightly cramping and kind of emotional which could be me getting ready to have my period.

Do you think I might be pregnant?
Is that enough time between June 30 to the time I took the test for it to be accurate?
Does that sound like my period?

Please help me!
Thank you so very much.

I'm just so nervous cause it's been so long since my period before possible pregnancy and I'm running out of pregnancy option the longer I wait.
So did you fool around June 30 or July 30?  If June 30, you should be in the clear.

Even if it was July 30, I'd say it would be extremely unlikely that you could get pregnant the way you described, but I suppose it's not impossible. Additionally, if you're fairly certain you didn't ovulate till the 5th, it would be unlikely that the very few superhero sperm that might have made it past your cervix would still be alive to fertilize your egg.

If you O'd around the 5th, then August 12 was probably a bit early to get a positive result if you do happen to be pregnant.  You should be expecting your period in the next few days if you have a 28 day cycle, so if you're still worried and haven't gotten your period, I'd test again.  

Good luck.  
I don't believe you're pregnant but you might be.. Personally I think not.
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers