Pregnancy 18-24 Community
How am I so big at 25 weeks ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

How am I so big at 25 weeks ?

I'm 25 weeks and struggling !!! Sitting down involves immense pressure on my tummy, aches around my ribs, and tight breathing when I sit back - all normal in pregnancy but surely not at 25 weeks? My baby-girl kicks me way above my belly button and past my ribs. I am uncomfortable and feel huge. Like I'm stretching to my capacity even now.
Several people have approached me and said ''You're nearly there then...?'' and I'm like ''no, I'm 25 weeks'' and they are in disbelief !!
This is not my first pregnancy and I do not remember feeling at all like this before. I'm not having twins either. Although this is my first Girl and I hear you carry differently than carrying with a boy.
Do you think I might have an early baby, I can't see my body physically coping a whole 15 more weeks? (my two boys both came at 38 weeks)
I have been told - ''omg you aren't going to go full term !!''

Has anyone been through this and can offer some advice? or is anyone experiencing the same thing? Is this normal at 25 weeks?

i think your farther along then the docs think........ 25wks?? hunny if you feel her under your ribs????? thats about 8 months!!!  my friend had a boy "5 wks too early" guess what? he was 8lbs+++................ so in her case they were definatly like 6 or 7 wks off.. a baby cant just be abnormally big.  at 25 wks your baby is prob 1 to 2 pounds (i mite be off) its no where near the size of a full term new born............. cant you request an ultrasound???? or at your next apt, ask the doctor to 'feel' how big the baby is.............  do u remember anything strange about your periods??? before it was BFP??????? like maybe spotting a month before you actually missed AF??????
It's normal as your belly and baby grow. Around 24 weeks is when I noticed it was getting harder to breathe. I think all of my organs were being squished up and that was making it harder to breathe. Aches and pains are normal as long you are not having BH in a pattern. I get kicks in my ribs all the time now and it hurts. I feel huge as well at 27 weeks and this is my second. I keep thinking...I am going to get bigger??! lol. If you had your first 2 at 38 weeks you very well could go early again. I had my son at exactly 38 weeks and I am hoping it will happen again this time. Baby may just be going through a growth spurt right now, mine did a few weeks back and in the last 2 weeks my belly really hasn't grown and my weight hasn't changed. Try stretching to relieve some of the aches. I see a chiropractor once a week and I always feel so much better after I go.
Well I did my test 4 weeks after AF and got my BFP. At my scan they incresed my dates by 8 days, taking me from 14 weeks to 15 weeks. My second scan showed baby was measuring correctly - I was 21 weeks, and so was baby's measurments 21 weeks. So I don't think my dates are entirely wrong as AF is always regular etc.
If it continues I will definately speak to my midwife to arrange something coz I do feel abnormally big.
Thanks.
You have been through the same thing then, that's a relief to hear. I had wondered if there was some kind of growth-spurt happening with the baby.
I will have to consider some classes to do with pregnancy exercise. I sit at a desk at work all day and my back aches. That can't be helping.
Maybe there is another one hiding in there!
Lol, surely not possible after 4 scans in total ?

:-O
Sitting at a desk all day could very well put strain on your lower back. You should try to stand up and move around as much as possible. I hope you get some relief soon. I know it's not fun to feel like that!
I feel your pain too! I'm on my 4th pregnancy and everyone keeps asking me if I'm bigger now than when I delivered my last?  I'm 28 weeks now. How rude.....oh well, I get bigger each time and just in my belly.  No where else.  I think your body just knows how to accomodate the baby better after the first time around.  Good luck
How does your fundal height compare w/ gestational age?
This is my 4 th pregnancy and 1st girl. I have always carried big with all my pregnancys but this one is behond crazy. All my u/s have said that im having a HUGE baby. Im not sure if that will prove correct or not but I feel your pain. I am 33.1 weeks and I am so large. Today I squated down to get something off the floor and my belly got stuck between my legs!! I seriously had to pick up my belly and move it, lol! If you want to look at my pictures I think one of the last ones I posted were around 25 weeks..........im pretty big too and yes there is only one in there:) I just had a baby 10 months ago and im 8 months preggers so maybe thats why im even bigger this time. Your body has a way of expanding further with each pregnancy. How old is your youngest???
Totally normal! I'm 24 weeks and have the same stuff. I have a really short waist so that's probably why I feel baby higher than what I thought I could feel her. Are you short, too?
i was huge at 25 wks with my daughter she was just a big baby so it can just be normal surely not twins if you have had 4 scans and last one at 21 wks. i was pregnant with twins and didn't find out til my 15 wk scan so it would def be noticable by now.
I'm 5 ft 4.
What are you? You have the same problem?
I do wonder if I am having trouble as I am quite petite too.

Spade22
I will have to check the measurements, although at my abnormaly scan at 20 Weeks, which looks at lots of things including baby's measurments, everything was normal as I was not told by the sonographer that my baby was over-sized or anything.
Lol, poor you! You must have a big baby bump for that to happen. You don't have long left now Hun.
My youngest is actually 3 and a half years old !
I am definately carrying differfently this time, everything is really high up - I'm assuming that's got something to do with having a Girl.
You are brave having a baby so soon again, there will be one year age gap between your youngest and your baby. My youngest will be starting school when I have the baby so that will be less stressful. He is quite a busy bee, the break will be appreciated.
I'm 5'2.5" (if you want to get technical, usually I just tell people 5'3").

Your belly also gets bigger more quickly if you've been pregnant before in the past!
Very true Joy. Im only 5'1, I tell everyone 5'2 lol. But that could be why I look so big too. Very short torso:( and legs and well everything, hehe:)
KATE535- I dont know about brave, we didnt think it would happen so fast but.......And depending on how early I have this next one the two babies will be just shy of a year. Im hoping for 11 months exactly, that way they can at least have their own months to be born in:)....Im also carrying very low. I guess I dont know the old wives tales about high and low but im carrying very low with my girl. She is sitting cross legged on my cervix, every now and then she gets antsy and gives me a good kick in the cervix or bladder, very uncomfortable:(
About your 20 week scan- I have never been told before that I was having a large baby with any of my boys and I carried pretty big with them also. This is a first with the big baby stuff from an u/s. I dont think your baby has to be huge for you to carry big, some of us just carry it all out front:)
im 25 weeks and feeling pretty uncomfortable and can feel my little boy kicking me in the guts punching me in the sides and belly button and his head under my ribs
he is my second baby
he is also only measuring a little big so far for gestational age
my first baby was 10lb 15oz and born at 38 weeks so im expecting a big one again anyway and probably a c section at 38 wekks too (im not prepared to damage myself)
lucy x
I know this was written four years ago but I am 25 weeks pregnant and carrying so high  that just under my ribs really hurts. I wonder if I've pulled something.  Im scared because I know its only gonna get worse as baby grows. Just wondering if you can offer me encouragement.  This is my first baby xx