Pregnancy 18-24 Community
How can you tell if your cervix is opened or closed?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

My last AF was May 24th. We had unprotected sex in between the 3nd-10th. Once or twice he finished inside. I should be due for my period tomorrow if not Tuesday. He's noticed my nipples have darkened and sometimes they burn/itch or swell up and go back down. Usually, I don't get that before my period but I'm not ruling it out. I took a test two nights ago and it was negative. Is it possible that it's too early to tell? Or maybe I'm not pregnant. The only other thing I've felt so far besides my breasts has been a little mild cramping. Also, my discharge smells different. He and I don't have anything but that's new to me. I never have a smell that's so upfront. Could finishing "inside" cause that smell? Either way, I'm curious to know how to tell if your cervix is opened or closed. I've always wanted to know. If I'm not pregnant this month, Next month we want to start trying... Baby dust to those of you hoping & congrats to those who already have the bun in the oven! :)
Your cervix should be closed at all times unless there is a reason for it to be open like giving birth and it does open if you are about to miscarry.  In those cases a doc would be involved and you wouldn't have to check your own cervix anyway.  
It could be too early to tell on a home pregnancy test.  Most of them say you can test a few days early, but they usually work best and are most accurate if you are already due/late for your period.  It's hard to assume anything on the symptoms you are describing because pregnancy and PMS are so similar at the very beginning.
Smell of your discharge could be a sign of a vagainal infection that is not necessarily and STD.  Could be just a yeast infection or a bacterial infection that is very minor.  Your boyfriends fluid could cause a certain smell immediatley after, but it would go away when you shower.  You should get that checked out, and you can have the doc do a pregnancy test at the same time... which a blood test would be a certain way to tell if you are in fact pregnant.  Good luck =)
I'm testing again tomorrow or at the end of the week if I have not started my period. The smell is gone after I took a shower.. Thank you :)
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers