Pregnancy 18-24 Community
How long did you bleed after d&c?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

How long did you bleed after d&c?

Hello Everyone,
I am new to this forum and wondering if what I am experiencing is normal.  I recently had a miscarriage is what I thought was my 11th week of pregnancy, however the baby stopped growing at 8 weeks (heard the heartbeat at 7 weeks)... had a missed miscarriage and had to get a d&c.  I was bleeding regularly for about 6 days, stopped for 4, and now started up again slightly on day 11 (bright red).  Is this normal after a d&c?  Or could I have retained miscarriage product?  I took a home pregnancy test, still says positive.  I just want everything back to normal so I can move on.  
This was my first pregnancy and I was on the pill for 10 years.  Stopped taking the pill and never had a cycle just concieved immediatly.  My mother says my hormones were probably not functioning properly?  Does anyone know if this would cause my miscarriage?  Of course docs say it's just a chromosome malfunction.
Any feedback on these topics would be much appreciated!
I had a D&C last year and i only bled for 1 day and that was really light. I called my dr because i thought something was wrong and he said that it ment the surgeon had done a good job of removing everything. If i was you i would call you dr just to check. Im sure everything is fine. Sorry you had to have a D&C i know there not nice. x x
Thank you for sharing!  It's hard to tell because everyone is so different.  I will for sure call my doctor today.  Luckily, I have a follow up appointment early next week because this is driving me crazy.  I see that you are pregnant again congrats.  My hubby and I are going to wait a while for my body to heal and try again.  Just hope this d&c didn't cause any complications.  
i m/c when i was 13 wks although the baby stopped growing at 9
i had a d&c and i was bleeding irregular for lil bit over a month
sorry i dont really know hope it helps tho
A month?  Wow it has been two weeks today for me still bleeding off and on ...uhg.  Have follow up appointment tomorrow hope everything is OK.  
Is everything OK? I had a D&C 7 days ago.  I had heavy bleeding the first few days then it slowed down (still constant through) and now seems to be getting heavier.  My doctor appointment isn't for another 8 days.  Did your doctor say everything was oK or should I try to move my appointment up?  
I am sorry you are going through this I feel your pain :(  I was bleeding for about two weeks.  I went in for my checkup a couple of days after the bleeding stopped and everything was fine.  My hormone levels are back to normal, but have still not gotten my period and it has been four weeks since my d&c.  My doctor told me it will start and stop for about two weeks just because it's your uterus contracting back to normal.  My doc also told me your pregnant hormones lower until they are gone for about 2-3 weeks.  Hope this was helpful.  If I were you I would call if you have a fever or if you are bleeding really heavy non stop.  Otherwise, just wait it out (I know it's frustrating).