Pregnancy 18-24 Community
How often should I feel baby move at 30 weeks?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Hello everyone, I am 30w3d and I am just wondering how often I should feel my baby move throughout the day. Everyone seems to say that they have an active baby and they feel him/her all the time. I feel my baby move when I'm laying down, but not all the time. I try to do kick counts twice a day.Sometimes I am laying in bed for a really long time before my baby starts to move, but I do feel 10 movements within 1 hour. The movements are not always strong either, a lot of times they are weak. People tell me that my baby will be calm when he is born since I don't feel him so much. I can't help but be worried, though. I wish he would move all the time, even if it hurts, just so that I can know he's ok. Has anyone else had a calm baby in the womb and everything has been ok??? I often think about going in to labor and delivery just so I can know everything is ok but I don't want to seem paranoid.
my ds did that!  he was the complete opposite of what my girls did, lol!  as long as you are feeling the 10 movement in an hour everything should be completely fine!  also, i had an anterior placenta... so that made a cushion between the baby's kicks and me be able to feel them more.
you shouldnt go into labour and delivery yet..i would wait till i harldy felt any movements....you have to remember that babies are getting pretty cramped in there at 30 weeks...so think about it theres not much room to move..if you were in that little space would you waste your time trying to move if your just going to et more cramped up??? i wouldnt...as for everyone else they may be having smaller babies therefore there babies have more roomto move around...before you go to lie down and count try drinking apple juice or eating something sweet...try not to worry....at 30 weeks you dont need the stress!!!hope you feel better hun!
Thank you so much. Your responses do make me feel better. It's such an awesome feeling when my baby moves, I just want to feel him all the time! Everyone also tells me that my belly is very small for 30 weeks, but since my butt has gotten huge, they say that I am carrying him in my back. I wonder if that makes a difference in how much I feel him. Well, I have a Dr. appt on Friday so I'll be sure to mention my concerns to my doctor. I just wanted to post in here since I still have 4 days for my appt.