Pregnancy 18-24 Community
How soon did you go into labor after losing mucous plug?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How soon did you go into labor after losing mucous plug?

I'm 38 weeks and 2 days today and just noticed brown/pink thick discharge in my underwear. I think it's probably a part of mucous plug. I also have some mild cramping. My Dr. said to hang tight until my contractions become painful. With my son, I had some heavy white discharge (not bloody looking like this time) the day before my water broke. I don't know if I should continue to work tomorrow or Tuesday. I have to go to the office, and it's an hour away. Do you think it's a good idea or not?? I heard some people lost the plugs days/weeks before. When did your labor start after losing mucous plug???  Thanks!
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
639543_tn?1297031234
I've been losing my mucus plug since 36W, I'm now 40W and still losing it slowly, so it can take a long time. Unless your cramping starts coming and going, going to your back (in a regular, timeable pattern) or you get painful contractions/your water breaks, it's not necessary to go to the doctors. You can still work, the more active you are, the better chance you have of dilating more, and losing more of your mucus plug & getting started with labor sooner! If your discharge becomes very bloody you should also contact L&D. Good luck!!  Hopefully labor comes to both of us soon! :]
Blank
399393_tn?1257516681
Thanks for your respond. Wish you luck too. Hopefully things are progressing soon for you. I'm still working today. However I just had some more blood came out. I don't have bad contractions. I guess if I still get more bloody discharge, then I'll call my Dr again.  
Blank
With my first, I lost my plug while I was in labor (just before leaving for the hospital, in fact).  With my second, I don't remember losing it at all, but I was also induced, so maybe it wasn't ready to come out.....
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pregnancy 18-24 Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...