Pregnancy 18-24 Community
How soon did your breasts get sore after ovulation?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

I have a question ladies. I ovulated two days ago, pretty positive that's when, and I NEVER get sore boobs around ovulation. My boobs the day after when i woke up were SO sore! They're sore on the sides, and have continued to today and are still very sore on the sides, and feel swollen. I might here and there get sore boobs, maybe one cycle a year, right before af comes, but never around ovulation. With my daughter who is 3 1/2 I remember that was one of my biggest signs but don't remember it happening this soon it was more like a week or couple days before I got my bfp. When is the soonest you got sore boobs, and did you normally get sore bbs before af?

TIA!
Oh I should add Im 2 dpo. And yes, I know about implantation and hcg causing symptoms etc., but I do know that progesterone can cause your bbs to hurt as well, which means sore bbs can happen pretty early, just wanted to see who all this has happened to! =)
I would get sore boobs during the time I ovulate, and it would last for a few days after. I also would get the sore boobs when my period was on the way like 2-3 days before it started and it would last for 2-3 days. I'm currently 20 weeks pregnant right now and I still remember getting extremely sore boobs about a week before my period was due and I though that it was kind of strange to get them that early, well I know now why they were getting really sore lol. The 1 thing that really made me think I was pregnant is I saw veins all in my boobs about 3 days before I tested, hope this helps =0)
I have read many people's symptoms of BFS happen very early on after ovulation.  Because implantation can happen anywhere from 3-12 days, it is very possible to have symptoms early.  Having said that, many women had symptoms because they were wanting a BFP, so it's hard to say.  For you, as you mentioned, you have already been there, and since you experienced sore boobs in your last pregnancy it isn't much of a stretch to have the same or simliar symptoms happen to you, and if it's earlier - it may mean you might have ovulated a bit earlier than you thought.  Remember, even when we use BBT's or OPK's they are just a predictor, but do not actually tell you when you ovulated.  In my first pregnancy, I wasn't able to see a BFP until 4 days after my expected period.  This time I was 11 past ovulation and I tested on a whim and it was positive!  (We were trying for 5 months and I was testing my ovulation regularly.)  So, your body may be producing hCG quite quickly if you are pregnant.  If you aren't perhaps it is just one of those one time per year where you get sore boobs!  Lot of women get pregnancy like symptoms after ovulation up to and before they get their periods.  I may not have been too helpful, but I wanted you to know if you are pregnant it can happen this early, and if you aren't it can be just from your hormones surging before your period.  I know it's hard to wait, but give it at least week or two and then try a HPT if you think you could be pregnant.
Good luck either way!
In addition to anything I have mentioned, please keep in mind, that while I or others may have extensive knowledge in many areas, you should always seek professional medical advice from your own physician, as it pertains to medical conditions or concerns.
Good luck, and if you have any other questions that I can help you with, please feel free to message me directly.

Sincerely,
Sandi (Dragon1973)
MedHelp Down syndrome Community Leader
& Ds Group Forum Founder/Moderator
Thanks ladies! Do you think sore breasts could happen just because we're trying?? I am afraid of that. However, it was a day after O I woke up with them, and NEVER ever would I think or search for signs this early, I just rolled over the next morning and could've cried they were so sore!!! I hope this isn't all in my head, wow!! I don't mind havin em sore for a baby, but not just cause! LOL
I usually get sore boobs from ovulation right through to AF.  I hate it!  Apparently it can be caused by low progesterone which I have.  I will be interested to see once I start using my progesterone cream if I stop getting sore boobs so early on.
I am currently experienced the same thing. I am 21years old with my husband 36, are trying to get pregnant for about a year now. I am a 31cycle . My last period was on March 6, and on the 21th my ovulation kid showed positive on the 21st  so we did our homework on next day . By 23rd my breast started getting sore till today. So my period wot due till April 6th . I am so regular with period. I can't tell with any earlier pregnancy sign before a missed period . I always get sore breast before period .. Normally it was a week or 5days before my period due. But this time is aroud two weeks before my next period. I remember on Te 23rd my lower abdomens on the right felt a little cramp then it gone when I took two or three hours nap. I am a late night sleeper . I went to bed between 12 to 2am but I sleep at Least 7 to 8 hours a day.. Why I still feel tired? Talking about frequently urinate , how could u know because when u drink a lot of water u will need To go all the time. I hope anybody can help me here thank U
It's really weird you and I are on the same cycle. I also started to get sore breast on march 22 and even all the way til now, & they especially hurt at night!! My period is also due any where from April 3-6th. I hate the waiting game. Or wondering if its my period coming or baby ? I've never had sore breast almost 2wks before period. Just weird!
Im currently in the same boat. My period came on 3/14 and went off on the 18th. My breast started hurting on the 28th of March. Easter sunday my sister whom i haven't seen in about a year immediately asks me if I was pregnant however i did not tell her i was having any symptoms. My period is due on the 10th of April and my boobs are still heavy and sore around the edges and the usually start getting sore a week before my period but this time it's been 2wks.It could be stress because im getting married on May 11 2013. Im really just going to cross my fingers and pray that its a positive on my test because I'm also exhausted and have been making regular trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night and wee hours of the morning. Baby dust to me :) and everyone else hoping for a new addition :)  (Side note) My fiance and I do not have protected sex and haven't had protected sex since last November.
i have sore boobs right after ovulation and are still painful now... af due in 4 days.. fingers crossed
i have just gotten over a werid light to heavy to light again period pinkish to red the pinkish again some brown but not much, it lasted for a week and 3 days now my boobs are sore and heavy