Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Hydration

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Hydration

I know I shouldn't drink Caffeine but I can't seem to drink lots of water I haven't liked water since a child can I substitute water for something so that I can stay hydrated . I don't want my baby to have any harm with the caffeine so I'm forcing myself to drink water but its not agreeing I have a throw up feeling when I force myself to drink the water :(
Gatorade or powerade  will work(:
Try putting something in your water like mio, or crystal light, there are many many things you can put on water so it doesnt taste like water.
You can safely have 1-2 cans of soda a day just make sure you are drinking plenty of other fluid that contains water.  I too have problems with drinking just water so i got decaf iced tea and the mio liquid to go in my water.  You can also try chrystal light mixes.  My doctor says its fine to drink that stuff but to still drink some plain water throughout the day.
Have you tried carbonated water? They also have flavored carbonated water.. I like the plain it settles my stomach.. I've heard a lot of people on here say the water flavoring stuff, not sure what it's called helps a bunch.. Personally most of that stuff has artificial sweeteners in it so I don't use it but it may work for you.. Also you can try tea..
Thank you ladies On my way to the market now :)
Bonus with gatorade is it helps ease the leg cramps!
Try squeezing a lemon in it and add crushed ice. I find drinking with a straw helps too. Bypass some taste buds.
when i'm sick of water i add some lemon juice to it to change it up a bit. or make juice and cut it with extra water.
Just make sure whatever you add to your water doesn't have aspartame.  Like I think crystal light might.  Very bad for a developing baby.
I also don't like water.. so I drink lemonade a lot, or koolaid. When I'm working I bring two water bottles to work and I make it like a goal for myself I suppose? If I drink these two waters then I can go get myself a lemonade.. cuz I don't want to be feeding her a lot of sugar either. So my reward for drinking two water bottles which I think is likw 2.5-3 cups of water, is to get lemonade or sprite. Lol makes me feel better and get the necessary water.
And I meant 2.5-3 cups of water per bottle.. and I know u need at least like 8 cups of water a day?
yes...i would avoid anything with aspartame.  Not good for you or baby.  You are okay to drink 200mg of caffeine a day.  I put lemons or lemon juice in my water.
Ok I tried the lemon in the water it's ok and I just got a few gatorades I'm going to try that see how that goes for me thank you again ladies :)
tea is good if ur iron lvls are at a healthy lvl. if they have u on an iron pill or ur boarderline anemic drinking tea is a bad idea. it inhibits tge absorption of iron into ur system. I know I had/have the same issue with water. found a few gatorades I liked and got a bit more juices and flavored waters just to keep myself healthy. baby was born last week but im breastfeeding so same basic hydration rule applies.