Pregnancy 18-24 Community
I can't quit smoking PLEASE don't judge me

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

I am 32 week along and I have been trying to quit smoking but nothing is working for me and I get even more stressed then I smoke more Please can someone give me some things to try?
im not the one to say im in my tww and cant stop smoking and plss ppl dont judge me but mostly all my friends are smokers and went along to have normal kids with no defects. id rathr smoke then go crazy for the silliest reason and stressing myself out for cigs. my sisters doc asked her to stop smoking for the first 3months only and smoke up 3cigarettes/day afterwards...not to encourage u or anything but if u feel like having one every once in a while then do..and try the nicotine gums heard its really effective!

Good luck !
I always quit.
I imagin handing my baby a Smoke and lighting it for her. Tell her to inhale..
Because thats what we do when we smoke..
Is put the negative depleted O2 into her blood stream..
Mental imparements, low birth weight not all damage is visable..
Lungs breathing issues holes in hearts..
To each is own but a dr would say the same.. I always quit.. If ur friendscare they wouldnt smoke around you eighter..

Luckily I was able to quit as soon as I saw the positive result on the stick, and haven't picked up a cigarette since. That was in 2008. A friend of mine smoke during her pregnancy and her daughter has a lot of lung problems and is in and out of the hospital. Yes, sometimes smoking women have healthy babies, but it's not always the case. I would urge you to quit just because you never know what could happen. I think you would feel terrible if you found out your little baby had all kinds of medical problems because you smoked.
Now don't get me wrong, I'm not judging you. I know it is hard to quit. But try and at least cut back as much as you can. Good luck.
Well, I will be realistic.  You are right smoking is not good for the baby (as you already know or you wouldn't be trying to stop) but stress isn't either.  Try to stay under 10 cigarettes per 24 hours.  When you deliver, take this opportunity because you will be very busy to get the nicotine out of your system.  It really only takes 3 days for nicotine to leave.  Set it in your head that when you deliver YOU ARE DONE.  If you plan on breastfeeding, nicotine will make your baby more jittery and they withdraw from nicotine also.  When you need a cigarette, they do too.  If you can stop now, then please do so.  Easier said than done.  Just try to take one day at a time and lessen the amount you smoke.  This would be a great starting point and will greatly help you and the baby.  Proud of you that you are thinking about this.  Goodluck!
Thank you for all your help I just wish I can find some ways to quit, I know it going to be hard but I do want to quit.
Well done for taking the first step it shows u want to quit!!
I too am a smoker but iv managed to cut down to about 4 a day.
Also its not a guarantee any baby born to a smoking mother will have problems my mum smoked with all 5 of us and not 1 asmatic in the family or none of us were born underweight all over 7.2lbs - Lucky maybe??
But the biggest thing is your realise it isnt good for yourself or your baby, The more u stress about it the more its going to be harder to quit!! Now they say cravings last for about a min so try doing something like making a brew ((just a suggestion)) or something that will occupy your mind for a few mins that way youll quit slowly and your body wont be craving it as much..

Good luck in quitting :-D
Usually doctors tell you, after you are so far into your pregnancy to not quit because you do stress which is worse for your baby.My sister in-law smoked for all the of her children and there is nothing wrong with them. Your best bet would be to cut down the best you can, and I agree with the above user when you feel like you need one go and do something else to get your mind off of it. It's not an easy take I do not know first hand but I watched my fiancee quit and what he went though, his thing every time he wanted to smoke he would do dishes haha or something like that..So for the last few weeks of your pregnancy try to focus your mind on something else...
Good luck in your pregnancy and in quitting :)
My mom smoked while she was pregnant with me, this was 25 years ago when all the crap they put in cigs now wasn't in them, and I was born with some issues. i have asthma....pretty bad and some pretty serious heart problems. I can't breathe properly, have never been able too. And I was born so jaundiced I almost died.

Luckily I didn't. An inhaler helps me to breathe and I have forbade smoking in my house and around my kids. I didn't smoke during my pregnancy...not one thing wrong with either of my boys. Like a previous poster said...not all birth issues are seen.
Idk if this will help you but here when women who smoke get pregnant and they  have the urge for a cigarette they just suck a lollypop instead.
Talk to your doctor because i think right now is when the babies lungs are preparing for birth. Im pretty sure he can help you.