Pregnancy 18-24 Community
I think I figured out Conners issue!!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

I think I figured out Conners issue!!!!

So I had switched Conners formula again to Enfamil A.R., Well after he ate 1 bottle of it he was a disaster, he cried for 6pm until 6am and nothing comforted him. So I decided to do a little research with all the time I had since I was awake lol.

His issues started after a month of being on Nutramigen. And Now I know why. Milk has 2 main protiens, Casien and Lactose. Lactose is a secondary sugar protien. Lactose is usually what most intolerant babies can't handle, not the casien. Lactose hits the body almost immediately after drinking it while casien takes a while to build up in the system.

Now the spitting up, fussiness, diarreah (diarrhea), rash, projectile vommiting didnt start until a month of being on Nutramigen. Now Nutramigen is a hypoallergenic formula that is lactose free BUT is also a milk based formula because it still contains Casien....which explains why Conner developed his problems after a month of being on Nutramigen, it took a month for the Casien to build in Conners system. So after I realized he had these issues I thought the colic formula wasn't working because he wasn't colicky anymore, so I went to Gentlease....which is NOT lactose free or Casien free....which also explains why his symptoms had gotten worse. I thought his GERD was just getting worse, so I tried the Enfamil A.R. for acid reflux....but that is also milk based with both lactose and casien with starch protiens which also contain lactose....so the lactose is doubled and explains why lastnight it was 20 times worse.

I had got fed up and decided to give him Nutramigen again and it was fine.....mainly because the casien isn't built up in his system enough to cause a reaction yet, soooooo to make a long story kind of short lol He has a complete milk allergy and we switched him back to Prosobee.

I do believe he still has Acid Reflux which is why he was fussy on the soy, and I believe the Milk based formula's upset his tummy so much that it caused the reflux to get worse. So I will continue Zantac twice a day and Prevacid twice a day but on Soy and he should be 100 times better in a few days IF thats the true cause of his issues.

So we will see! Wish me luck, because Im hoping that I will finally have a happy baby!
Just curious, how does he do on breast milk?  Just trying to get info for when I have my little guy.
Sweetangel- I couldnt breastfeed for a number of reasons, mainly because I did not develope breastmilk and because of anti depressants
thanks for sharing!
Glad to hear you've got it figured out!  A few things...it might take a full two weeks for all of the milk proteins to leave his body...so don't give up on Prosobee after just a few days.  Also, if he has MSPI, that includes soy proteins as well so you might have to go the Neocate route.  Time will tell and hopefully in two weeks you'll have a brand new happy baby!  If not..remember there are still options!  :)  You're definitely on the right track!!  HOORAY!  :)