Pregnancy 18-24 Community
I was wondering if the ob drug tests while pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

I've had a history of smoking marijuana in the past and I was wondering,according to my history if they drug test while pregnant without me knowing.
YES they do
Every appt you go to they have you pee in a cup. They are drug testing you.
Yes they do every time I go I pee in a cup and they test for multiple things
Yes...they do..and i feel soo silly cuz i didnt know...this is my first child..and when my appointments was once a month...i was still smoking off and on..i didnt know they was testing my urine for drugs..until a lady from social services came to talk to me about it..i soon quit after that..i was sooo embarrassed..
Yep the ladies are right every time you pee in the cup they do a drug test but they also check other times with that pee to make sure you and baby are healthy  
I wouldn't be sure. I use to smoke marijuana for my morning sickness which worked amazingly. I haven't heard anything back about failing a drug test or anything. I know my ob definitely for a fact checks for protein and uti in urine which is why we pee every time we go there but the drug test I have heard nothing of.. I will let you know next week after my appt if any question come up. But I no longer do it being a month away .
No they don't. I'm a medical assistant and worked at an ob/gyn. We just checked for protein and glucose and to see if you have a uti but that's it.
I agree with first time mommy. I smoked before I knew I was pregnant quit at 10 weeks never had anyone test me. I think they only do if they suspect something cause tests aren't cheap.
the first time i went in they did drug test me cuz wen i went back the second time the dr told me my drug test came out fine... i havent heard anything since then... they did drug test my friend a few times in the begining untill she would come out clean.. i think it depends on the clinic..
My ob does random tests. One time I went in and she told me my drug test came back negative. I was unaware that I even took one. Each office is different.
Wow...i guess every doctor is different...for my 6 week checkup..i told the doctor i was smoking for my morning sickness..and i kept smoking up until i was 18 weeks...the nurses never said anything to me until last month..but yeah..every doctor is different.
just dont smoke anything while prego aint good at all!!
My OB with my first did routine drug tests if you waited to see a doctor until 12 weeks or later. I only knew since I didn't get a doctor until I was 14 weeks and they told me they do that with all moms who postpone care.
Wow they really are hot on with drugs where u guys are! Then again in the uk we dont see an actual doctor unless something is wrong, we only see the midwife, they test ur urine sample infront of u for uti and protein then throw it away! They ask about drugs and expect honesty, they never judge u, just want to help!
Guess it depends on the doctor. I'm in the US and mine only tested for UTI, protein, and sugar. She used that little strip and dipped into my pee then disposed of the pee.  
Wtf!!!!
Thanks for all the answers! Including Ms Wtf lol. Just an fyi I don't smoke,but my family does,idk about all if their smoke I inhale if it can come up in my system...
Yes it will be in your system and its VERY bad for your sweet defenseless baby, I can't believe this is a serious topic, totally irresponsible! Sincerely, Ms. Wtf
the whole inhaling nd stuff yea it gets in yur system but not enough to come out on a drug test... trust me... all the boys in my house smoke inside the house because they dnt no im prego yet nd yes i do smell it alot... my bf smokes around me also.. nd all the drug tests the doctor has given me the weed has never came out on the test
Smoking and inhaling are two different things, you said smoking, which of course will give you some negative feedback. Even 2nd hand smoke can cause an increased risk in SIDS in an infant, I don't know about you, but no family smoking is worth my child's life.
My first pregnancy i smoked almost the whole time because i was so sick i was honest with the doctor he worked with me and knew i smoked until the day i delivered also was on pain medicine for carrying him so extremely low it was very painfully. Doctors i was never drug tested even before i was honest about smoking with the doc now again im almost ready to deliver and although i haven't smoked at all i have not been drug tested they place the strip in my urine test for protein and throw it away. They only drug test you and the baby if their is suspicion of drug use aka if the baby shows sign of addicted or something wrong with baby also if you delay getting prenatal care for to long my friend got tested once baby was born because she went 3 months without prenatal care.
I asked for answers, not to be judged! And if you weren't planning on giving me an honest answer in the first place,like answering Wtf, then why answer at all. Very rude!
As for everyone else thanks again for the answers, I appreciate it :-)
Im from Australia and we dont get drug tested during pregnancy. Maybe at the start we do but wen we go to appointments and we are low risk all they check is weight, blood pressure and babys heartbeat. Im a smoker and theyv said nothing to me at all. We dont get judged if we smoke weed.
Sum women drink coffee and coke. How good is that for your bub. People think they know everything wen they dont.