Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Ibuprofen

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Ibuprofen

ok I just read online that you are not suppose to take ibuprofen while you are pregnant again im 5 weeks i took total of seven not all together of course over say a period of maybe two days due to a severe toothache did i do something stupid is my baby going to be ok. Now i'm scared of what the medicine may do i'm just gonna have to deal with the pain which ***** but it's worth it to keep my baby safe does anyone know if it's ok like maybe I didn't take enough of it or didn't take it long enough my goodness I'm going to be a basket case over this baby being it's my first one I am going banana's over every little thing is there anyway I can just get me live in ob for the next months
Honey, calm down!!  Your baby will be just fine.  I also took a bunch of Advil before I knew i was pregnant, for a high fever.  I was worried about the Advil AND the fever, and baby was fine with both.  The biggest effect of Ibuprofen is in the last trimester.  It affects the kidney/urine output of the fetus, which results in lower amniotic fluid levels. It can also thin your blood, which can increase the risk of heavy bleeding during delivery and after. Your OB will tell you the same thing.  Everything will be ok, and now you know, and you won't take it again.  Good luck with the pregnancy!
hi this i defo something no about with my last pregnancy i had severe headaches and i was taking ibuprofen i was taken them all the time but i finally went to the doctors because the pain wouldn't settle and the doctor said DO NOT take ibuprofen just take cocodomal i think thats how you spell it lol. nothing will be wrong with your baby i was taking it every day for 12 days i was taking nearly 1 pack every day because of the pain i know i wasnt meant to but the pain was so unbareable i just kept taking them. but try and not stress your baby will be fine.
good luck xx
thanks guys i feel better appreciate the advice