Pregnancy 18-24 Community
If your period was late (around a week), Will you ovulate earlier the f...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

If your period was late (around a week), Will you ovulate earlier the following month? Please answer MedHelp Members!!!!

Question is: If your period was late, does that mean you'll ovulate EARLIER the following month??

Because here's what I've gotten from my dates:  AF Showed up 3/15 at CD37.    My avg dates are usually between 30-33d... but stress caused that 37d one!

I've been taking OPK's since CD13 but I think I ovulated on CD 12...DH and I BD'd the day before and after that I think.

I'm currently only on CD18, But I've been told if you are pregnant and it's a second child (or more) that women usually feel pregnancy symptoms earlier...
IDK if they're symptoms but this is what I've had:

Twinges in my LOWER abdomen in the middle not to one side.
The day I think I O'd I had MASSIVE amounts of watery CM. I don't get EWCM just super watery (literally)
headache
Slight bloating
and pain in my lower legs (I only had it when preggo with TJ and it began early on due to varicose veins)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hate how I torture myself like this.... I wish we had a majic ball that we could shake and it would say "your pregnant" or better yet... "your husband is pregnant for you". lol

• OVULATION!! PLEASE HELP (7 replies):
    I normally have a 28 day cycle. Last month I ovulated l...[more]
  • Ovilation (5 replies):
    I have always thought that the average day of ovulation ...[more]
  • ovulation (4 replies):
    when will i ovulate if my period began jan 12 2012
  • help (1 replies):
    If my period lasts about 5 days i have a normal period, ...[more]
  • Ovulation & Timing. (3 replies):
    SO I have a question. If you have sex while you are ovul...[more]
No to answer your question.  I charted my temps for a year to avoid pregnancy before getting pregnant this past December.  When I first started charting, my cycles were pretty long due to having a 6 month old, getting off the pill and breastfeeding.  But if I had one long cycle, that had no bearing on the next cycle.  Just remember that the longer your cycle, the later in your cycle you ovulated.  Also remember that fertile CM can also mean that ovulation is approaching and not that you are necessarily ovulating on that particular day.

So, if you started your last period on CD37, you most likely ovulated on CD23 that cycle.  But if your average cycles are 30-33 days, you could ovulate anywhere from CD16 to CD19.
Michelle is right,  You ovulate mid cycle based on the average of days your cycle is.
So if your cycle is long like 30-33 days then substract 17 from 32 and 13 from 32 and that will give you a mid range of when your O would be.  Which would be Between CD15-CD19.  
I know when I was ovulating because of the ovary pain that I always felt so I would count how many DPO's until AF and I would know how long my lutheal phase was so I would substract that from the average length of my cycle and that would give me O for the next month.

I don't know if I'm explaining myself right, but you do have to get your math correct to know when you O.  An OPK works pretty well in telling you when you O, so that would be easy.
Thanks ladies!
By the way... what WOULD Have an impact on how early or late you ovulate?   DH and I BD"d not only on CD12 but also around CD15-19.... So the timing should've been correct.
last month I took an OPK on CD23 and it came out close to pos. when normally I'd have no second line at all.  we did BD that day but nothing happened.

I took that OPK on a whim .... I did take OPK's this month from CD13-CD20 and one more today CD23... but no dice. I didnt' even get a hint of a pos. I guess maybe If I'm not preggo this month I should invest in one of those Ovulation predictor machine's (clearblue or something)