Pregnancy 18-24 Community
I'm scared of using the Progesterone Suppository!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Hi Ladies, have any of ya used the vaginal  progesterone suppository? I was giving to use them when I turned 16 weeks well I'm 16 & 3 days & I'm terrified of using them...  :-( I told the Dr. but they say is best if I did use them since my 1st pregnancy I had my son at 24 weeks... & for my second pregnancy I took the progesterone shots every week & they worked perfectly & I had my daughter at 38 weeks... but now I guess I can't get the shot because of insurance issues & now I'm so scared of taking the suppository  :-( well what scared me the most was when the Dr. because they told me I cannot forget to take them at all because by forgetting to take it can cause me early labor so that really scared me... right now I don't know what to do, I'm just really scared of forgetting one night & then I will have to go thru early labor... I went thru alot with my son when I had em early & wouldn't want to go thru that again... has any of ya taken these before? if ya did can ya Please tell me if it worked & how did ya do with when ya took them. & I am Sorry this was so long but I'm so Scared & Worried.
Wow I had my daughter at 25 weeks and ended up loosing a child because I went into early labor at 18 weeks. I have heard they will give u a progesterone shot but havent heard of a pill. Hmmm thanks for the info when did they start giving you the pill.
They gave me the prescription when I was 12 weeks but I couldn't use them until I turned 16 weeks but I'm 16 weeks & 3 days now & I'm terrified of taking them...  :-(
How's your daughter doing?
Aww my daughter is doing good God is good my water had broke for 2 days luckily when me n my husband had sex I started bleeding which resulted in me going into labor srry if tmi and ur son how is he? U dnt have Medicaid?
I took them with my first sch pregnancy. I did end up losing the baby but it wasn't because of the pill. I just put them in before I went to bed so I could lay down a bit. Just push them as high as you can. I didn't have any side effects except occasional pink while wiping from the casing of the pills. Honestly though if your Dr says you need them I would definitely do it. Just set yourself a daily alarm and insert then lay down for about ten minutes. No big deal and totally worth it! Good luck!
Oh that's Good & your absolutely right God is Good... my son is now 8 & is doing Great no one can even tell he was born that early.
Leave it in Gods Hands pray about it it will be fine srry to hear that autobot its not easy
@ Autobotmomma so Sorry to hear that...  :-(  & I know what you mean but is just so Scary for me I can't even think of going thru early labor again... but I guess I would have to get over my fear & just take them.  :-\
@Aubree23 I do have Medicaid but it covers only a part of it then I would have to pay the rest & it's weird cause my Medicaid cover them for my previous pregnancy but I don't know why not for this one...  :-(
I was put on those in 2 of my other pregnancies and they did work I went further along in my pregnancy then I ever had sadly it was only 16 and 18 weeks so I lost my boys due to incompetent cervix.  With my now daughter I was put on the shots and made it up to 34 weeks and now 24 weeks prego I'm on the shot again. Take the suppositories its for the baby's well being.  Good luck