Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Implantation Cramping?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Implantation Cramping?

Hi there,
I am new to the site and have been looking over some previous questions. I hope you guys might be able to give me some advice. I am 7dpo and have been cramping in my left side of my abdomen for 5days now. Not had any bleeding/spotting and my period is days away, I am also finding the cramp slightly unconfortable to first sit down and walk about. I am really really hopeful it is a positive sign as my hubby and I are trying for a baby. I know this is only our second month of me being off the contraceptive pill, however I have also been noticing other things like lower back ache for the past couple of days, slightly sensitive nipples, a rather wet feeling, sore hips when sleeping and a lot stretchy egg white CM. I am not due for my period for another 8 days - but I couldn't wait, and took a pregnancy test today. As I thought it came back negative, but I know it is still really early to test. My curiosity just got the better of me, so I think I will now wait till my period hopefully doesn't come lol 8) Anyone think that these cramps may be a sign of implantation? I have hear mixed results on how long cramping can last. Any advice I would much appreciate it - fingers crossed that the period doesn't come. You all must think I am mad! Baby dust to all.
When I got pregnant last year I could swear my period was on the way, I started having cramps at 7DPO and tested positive at 9DPO. The cramping was just like period cramps but at 5 weeks I started having sharp pains on the side, just like ovualtion pain. My doctor did a sonogram on me and told me that it was normal because the ovaries grow some type of a cyst called "copus luteum" that is resposible for keepingthe pregnancy during the first trimester. Some women don't really feel anything but some like us DO.
Good luck and baby dust!
BTW, I am ttc, lost the first two and thinking on IVF...not convinced yet
Thank you for the quick response, it has really been playing on my mind - Guess I'll just have to wait and see. Hopefully it'll be positive and I don't drive myself mad, sign spotting over the next few days. I hope you have luck soon - baby dust to all. I'll post the outcome.
Hello, Do you know for sure when you ovulated? The only reason I ask is that the egg white CM is a sign of ovulation. You get that when you are getting ready to ovulate and when you are ovulating. Could you be off on your ovulation date? Just a thought.