PREGNANCY 18-24
COMMUNITY
Implantation Odor
by maryjames, Jan 17, 2012
Does implantation bleeding have an odor?
Member Comments (6)
by ClystaBlank, Jan 17, 2012
There usually isn't enough of it to cause an odor. Implantation bleeding is very light, usually a spot or so of blood and nothing more.

What type of odor do you currently notice?
by proud_mommy_of_02, Jan 17, 2012
they say it shouldnt have an odor...the first thing is u should go see ur doctor to make sure everything is ok with ur bby...hope all is well
by maryjames, Jan 17, 2012
Hi Clysta. Well its not a nasty odor. My boyfriend said its like a period smell. The reason i'm thinking it may be implantation is that we are trying and had intercourse a couple of days ago and there was the tiniest bit of blood on the tip of his penis. I thought i was starting my period, due today, but have had no bleed of any kind of discharge since. Do you think the smell if just my period then?
by ClystaBlank, Jan 17, 2012
Most blood (especially menstural blood) will have a metallic odor to it - blood on his penis could be from you being pregnant, however the far more likely case would be irritation most commonly due to rough sex. if it doesn't show in the next few days, I would definitely take a pregnancy test.
by maryjames, Jan 17, 2012
thanks Clysta. Will let you know how it goes :)
by maryjames, Jan 17, 2012
Unfortunately got my period this morning. Hey ho. Try and try again.