Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Inducing,,,and my worries...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Inducing,,,and my worries...

Okay so you all prob saw my post about me being induced on friday, and the way i am being induced is with cervidil. Well i have been reading up on it alot and about different womens experiences with it. Alot of women said they got no where with it. But then again if it is the softening of the cervix do you think it would go quick for me? I have already been 100% effaced, and i dont understand how i am not that anymore. But i am 2-3cm so how long do you think it would be beofre contractions came. And how many cm do u have to be in order for your water to break? is it 3? I also read that alot of women that got induced this way ended up having a C-section. Do you think i would? My baby is already dropped and into postion. Please help!
my doctor recommended a combo of breaking my waters with the pitocin...i did not want the pitocin, but she suggested it because she said that will decrease the chances of csection.  i'm not sure if you will necessarily need a csection, but if things don't pick up, they will probably recommend pitocin or something else to you.  girl, are you as nervous as i am??  i have not been nervous about labor and delivery the entire pregnancy, but ever since this induction has been brought up, i'm so afraid!  and there is no turning back now!!!  i guess we just need to focus on the end results...our itty bitty baby :-)
Hey there ladies i dont think that you have anything to worry about.. I know many women that have been induced and have had there babies vaginally.. The thing you always here about is ppl who have to have a c-section no one ever talks about vaginal birth.. I would think positive and relax.. I do know that while induction if you are tense or not relaxed the chances of not progressing are higher then if you have an open mind and are at ease.. I luckily went the day before my induction and if i was you i would go out for a really long walk and you never know things may progress naturally thats what i did (not on purpose) but it worked the baby decided no more waiting and came to us.. I truly think that being induced can also be a good thing you are in control and it gives you time to ease into the idea that you are going to be a mom soon.. When you have to wait it is so nerve racking i know that when i had my induction schelduled i relaxed a lot more and thats probably another reason my boy came to me he knew i was finally ready for him.. All i can say is good luck and i hope that you have an awesome delivery and your itty bitty babies are as healthy as can be..
great advice mommydee!  xoxo, i have also heard the more relaxed and prepared you are, the faster the dialation and progress.  it's going to be very hard to do, but keeping our bodies as loose as possible will be helpful to us!  soon it will all be a memory to us!!!!!  =)
with my induction I wasn't dialated at all!  They started the pit at around noon, my water broke on its own around 1, i had my epidural around 4, and she was born around 7 - it wasn't bad at all.  It was very painful, but not until after my water broke- i have hypermobility joint syndorme and all of the pain was in my hips - i think if I didn't have that it wouldn't have been so bad.  but all in all i think the induction was super easy
oh, also it only took 2 pushes and she was out.  they didnn 't even have everything ready.  the doc was on the other side of the room and said go ahead and push and then she said okay, you can stop - can i please get a nurse in here and like 5 secs later she was born onto the bed.
I was 40% effaced and only 1-2 cm.  I was induced just with pitocin.  After a few hours my water broke on it's own and less than an hour and a half later my son was born vaginally.  I was really nervous about induction but it went well and I couldn't have asked for a better experience.
Also be prepared that all inductions don't move quickly.  Alot of our patient's family members ask the question "How much longer do you think it will be?"  Let your family know that every woman's body is different.  Some women are induced using Cervidil, Pitocin (Oxytocin), & others have a medication called Cytotec (Misoprostol).  Induction processes can be long and drawn out others can progress rather quickly.  It genuinely just depends on how well your body responds to the medication.  The experiences that some women experience will be totally different from your own because we are all different.  Krissyy is there a reason your MD allowed you to stay pregnant so long.  According to ACOG (American College of Obstetricans and Gynecologists) women can be induced after 39 weeks. And xoxo_Confused_xoxo, why are you being induced with Cervidil if you are already 100% effaced?  100% effaced means that your cervix is completely thin and stretched already.  Induction medications are given to soften the cervix and if you are already 100% effaced, in addition to 2-3 cm dilated then you have no need for the Cervidil.  Have you and your spouse tried to have intercourse or going for a walk to stimulate contractions.  Pitocin might be of more help for you.  I don't know your medical history or anything, but I do think Cervidil would be a waste of time for you.  Also put away the plans krissyy.  Don't set yourself up for disappointment.  You really cannot prepare for labor, unless you are talking about Lamaze coaching or something like that.  Recognize that we are not in control.  God is.  You have enough to worry about and I don't want you to have to stress over being "prepared" for labor.  Just try and relax and enjoy your experience. I pray you ladies have a wonderful experience.  Which I am sure you will because of your end result...Your beautiful babies.  Congratulations in advance and to your little ones in your womb...Happy Birthday!!!

my doctor wanted to induce me last week but i told him i wanted to wait out to see if she came on her own.  he seemed surprised because he said most women are excited about inducing but since she was healthy and doing fine, he was okay with waiting a little longer to talk induction...my baby decided she is comfy in my belly so we scheduled the induction for tomorrow morning.  hopefully my body will react well to the induction.  
im going to be induced if my girl hasnt shown up by the 18th, my mosm up from florida and i really want her here, plus... i cant take it anymore! im ready already!
when I was induced I was given cervidil the night before.. contractions started around 3:00 am the next morning.. they checked my cervix and there was NO CHANGE AT ALL..  nothing.. I was still 1 cm dilated and only 50% effaced..   so they broke my bag of waters at 9:00 am I believe and I went for a walk to get things goin.. nothin.. so they gave me pitocin.. I dilated slowly and effaced slowly as well..   I was in labor for 18 hours and only dilated to 4cm effaced 80%..  then they checked me 3 hours later and I was 9cm and 100% effaced.. my daughter was born an hour later..