Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Induction question

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Induction question

Hey ladies! I am 5 days overdue (yay....) and will be induced on Sunday evening. I have a heart condition and my doctor really does not want to wait much longer so I finally caved and let him schedule it. Do any of you mamas who have been induced have any advice? My doctor really did not tell me much except to show up to L&D at 830pm. Did you eat light the day of your induction? Exercise the day of? What worked and did not work for you ladies? I should be getting the cervix softening pill thing (I can not remember the name) that evening so I might get a wee bit of sleep. We will see!
I was induced with my first baby it was about 11am I think it was a long time ago. Well they gave me something to induce labor in an iv I forget what its called. Then I member getting really bad contractions after a while. About 6 cent I got the epi believe it or not it was cuz my mom was freeking out cuz I was in pain lol (i was 17 at the time) anyway after that I was calm and just waited I was in and out of sleep. And they broke my water. Then a while later I finally had her at 2am.it was pretty easy oh and also she ripped me so I needed stiches so I'm glaf I got the epi!
I was induced at 41+5. Do everything as you normally would (unless doctor says otherwise) make sure you eat good bc once the process starts, you can't eat.i was given cervidil which stays in you for 12 hours. After that, pitocin was started, then I got the epidural...lasted me 32 hours from first contraction to birth. Just try to relax and don't be afraid to call the nurses when you need them, even if its for something as silly as turning in the bed. Try to sleep!
You can eat and do your activities normally that day because you aren't scheduled for a c-section. But that's all I know because I'm a ftm and I still have 73days before I'm due.