Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Induction?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Induction?

I'm being induced at the end of this week for medical reasons dealing with the baby. I'm terrified of this idea. I couldn't get him to come out on my own so this is the only option we have. is getting induced more painful than just letting it happen naturally? does it make contractions more intense or something?
Sometimes the pitocin they use to induce does make labor a little harder but you'll be fine!  
I was induce w, my 1st pregnancy at full term. I honestly dnt knw wats difference or wats bad getting induced.? But it went smooth for me. I didn't even feel my contrations at all, and nothing went wrong. Just take it easy (: it's not.as bad as it seems. Just stay calm. Ima get induced again w, my second at full term (:
One thing i learned with my inductions.... First labour i was given pitocin once i was already in labour just to help regulate my contractions an my srcobd pregnancy i was having cobtractions after a sweep but nothing major and was given pitocin. It makes your contractions come on stronger and harder usually resulting in a shorter labour. If u have the chanceto decide when they break ur water if it doesnt break on its own wait until the last minute. Some womans water doesnt break untol they are 10 cm. My labour was manageable before my water was broken but then it was out of control but i waited as long as i  ould and only had hard labour for 40 mins the se ond time around. Went from 6 cm to him being born in 40 mins and all natural. The first ztime around the broke my water but it was still a couple hrs before i had my son and had to get epidural i just  couldnt handle the pain.