Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Is cramping in early pregnancy normal?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Is cramping in early pregnancy normal?

I am almost 6W pregnant and I have been having cramping really since I found out 2 weeks ago. My nurse says this is totally normal and I have looked on-line and it says cramping in 1st trimester is totally normal. I have had no spotting, but keep reading if you have cramping to call your Doctor. I also talked to my friend today who has had 2 kids and she said she never had cramps and she sounded concerned about that. They are not bad, but are very noticeable. Thanks!
  • Is it normal? (10 replies):
    I'm 6 wks and two days pregnant. I just found out today....[more]
  • miscarriage?!?! (11 replies):
    This is my fisrt pregnancy and i dont kno what is normal...[more]
  • Cramping (5 replies):
    Hi all I am almost 6wks pregnant and today I have been e...[more]
  • cramping (10 replies):
    well, here is my first official freak out. af would h...[more]
  • Cramping (5 replies):
    Anyone who felt period like cramping early in their preg...[more]
With my first two kids I had no cramping at all and with this one I did for about 2 weeks at the begining.  Dr. said it was normal and I am 13w and everything is fine.
Thanks. I read this symptom everywhere and my nurse said totally normal, but it doesn't seem like many had this. This forum is great!! Thanks!!
I had period like cramping until 6 weeks pregnant.
I had cramps and strange pulling feelings in my abdomen until 6 weeks or so. Sometimes the cramps were sharp pains, nothing big! Good Luck and take care!!!! :)
I had period like cramping in my abdomen too for a while in the first trimester. Probably until 8 weeks or more. It wasn't really bad either. I think the cramping that is involved in a m/c is very strong and keeps getting worse and usually has bleeding with it. But what you seem to describe sounds pretty normal to me. I'm 19 weeks now and all is going well. My crampiness has actually come and gone even now, I think it can happen from bloating and also uterus growth. Congratulations on your pregnancy.
When I was pregnant with my DS and DD, I had no cramping at all.  This pregnancy, though, I had period-like cramping (though milder) for most of the first trimester (I'm now 25 weeks and all is fine).  My ob/gyn said it is only dangerous if it is accompanied by bleeding, but did a couple of extra ultrasounds to make sure everything was okay.  She also said that cramping which leads to m/c progresses  - it gets worse with time, and is soon accompanied by bleeding.  So don't worry!! :)
Thank you all for these comments.... i am 6 weeks and have been cramping and having sharp pains the whole time. My doctor didn'tseem too worried about it, but everything I've read says call your doctor! No one I've talked to had all this cramping either. I feel better that I know other people ometimes have it too!
Hi! I am almost 8 weeks along and have had period-like cramping the whole time.  Glad to hear its normal and I'm not the only one!  To think I was actually looking forward to getting pregnant so I didn't get the cramps and the period....oh well!  Congrats to everyone else who is expecting!
I'm almost 6 weeks pregnant and I have had two miscarriages before and am cramping for the last week, how can you know the difference?  No blood yet but am still very worried!
I don't think there really is any way to tell, except time.  If it is a m/c, it will get worse and you will pass clots and so on, and if it is just your uterus growing and your ligaments stretching, you'll have low-level cramping for a while.  Sorry that there is not something more definitive to know or watch for.
I am in the same boat.  I am at 5 weeks pregnant with 2 previous miscarriages and have had light cramping and light spotting.  I am trying to relax but I am sceduled for an u/s at my 7th week.  I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Good luck to all and stay positive.
well i was wondering if crampign in early pregnancy is normal to.  well i also get light headed.  well i dont' know exactly how far i am.  i just found out the other day that i am pregnant.  so ya.  i will find out on the 14th how far i am.  cuz it has been driving me nuts.  lol.  all this information is a real help.  so ya.  i hope everything will be ok.  i mean i'm not bleeding or anything its just period like cramps.  so i want to say congratulations to everyone.
I just found out that I'm 6 weeks pregnant Friday but today I have really bad cramps and I started spotting like my period is just coming off its alot of blood just really bad cramps. I've called the hospital and I have to go in on Friday for a ultra sound. What should I do until then?
I am so thankful for this forum.  I found out that I am about 6 weeks pregnant. I have been having the slight cramping and little pings on my left side.  I was hoping all this was normal. I have been a nervous wreck.  I go for my first dr. visit on Thurs.
If you are cramping real bad and having major spotting... I would just take it as easy as possible until you see your doctor and have your ultrasound. The only bad thing is that if you are having a m/c, there is nothing they can do to stop it. So just try to relax, i know easier said than done, but try. And just take it easy! Hopefully it is nothing! Good luck and god bless!
I am about five weeks pregnant.  I have had pressure and cramping in my abdomen since about 4 days after conception.  This is my second child but I never had any cramping with my first one.  It is nice to hear that others are going through this and I hope that all is well with all of you.  Are any of your crampings changing locations?  Mine normally is about 2 inches below my belly botton, but sometimes it s on the left, and since last night it has been focused on my right side.  It is not always there and I think it i getting worse because I am thinking about it to much.  No bleeding yet though.
I've been trying to get pregnant for 16 mos, had an m/c at 7 weeks in April.  This is my 1st month on Clomid and I'm at day 33 of a normally 31day cycle.  I've been having slight cramping for a week, off and on and more achy than cramping, then last night and a little this morning the cramping was mch more noticible.  With my period I always have terrible cramping, and this is not that bad, but it's the same type of cramping.  I'm having sort of pink-tinged spotting, definitely not normal for my period. Anyone else have this kind of thing?  When I miscarried in April the cramping was exactly like my period cramps and I knew immediately that I was losing it, but this just seems very different.  I took a test 4 days ago, negative, and don't want to waste another test if it's my period coming, but I'm anxious about it all.  Thanks for any advice!
This is my third pregnancy (two previous miscarriages)and once again i have cramping which concerns me as i had it on my second from conception til the actual miscarriage.  i had not spotted the second pregnancy but it showed on my scan at 11 weeks that it had died at 7.  now that i am 8 weeks and spotting i am concerned that it has already died and now i have to wait another 4 weeks for the doctors to tell me that may be the case.  i feel as though i have no support even though i have been down this road twice.  at least if i lose this one they have an obligation otinvestigate why i cannot carry to term.  has anyone else actually had this and carried full term?  any advice?
I would like to share... that I have a 4-yr old daughter and this is my fourth pregnancy (two previous miscarriages)as well. I am pregnant again and I am almost 7 weeks. Why would you have to wait until another 4 weeks to see if the baby is okay or not? My advice would be to talk to your doctor and share your concerns. A sonogram can be done as early as 7-8 weeks to see the baby's heartbeat. I have been there and 4 weeks is way too long for you to wait. My prayers are with you... Good Luck!
I am sad but not surprised to hear about having to wait several weeks.  I just found out I am 6 weeks pregnant, and I am not scheduled to go in to the dr. until 12 weeks.  This is my 4th pregnancy, so I'm not too concerned; however, for first-time moms or those with a history of high-risk pregnancies, it seems odd not to have prenatal care in the first trimester.
I am thankful for this site...although it's my 4th pregnancy, I never had cramps or backaches with my others, and this one has had me worried, as I have had period-like cramps for over a week.  Thanks to all of you for your reassuring comments!
I am so glad I found this forum. I just found out I am pregnant. I am only 5 weeks, but I am having light cramping off and on. This is my fourth child, but I still get very worried. I did have this with my other three and they all were born full term and healthy. I guess I am just a worry wort.
I am so glad that they made this forum. I just found out on Thursday that my husband and I are pregnant with our first!! We figured out that I am about 6 weeks along now. He keeps on telling me to relax, but I want to do all the things I did before- mow the lawn, cook, and clean, etc. I did those things today and now I am having cramping and was concerned. Thank you ladies for allowing some comfort to me. I guess this is all normal!! Congrats to everyone, its a blessing.
I am 8 weeks now and I have had period-like cramps since my 5th week.  I don't think you should worry about it unless it gets worse and is accompanied by bleeding or spotting.  I also had some spotting for about 2 days which was hemorrhaging, but it has resolved.  My doctor suggested that I remain on pelvic rest... no intercourse or douches for about 2 weeks, so just take it easy.
im 5 weeks pregnant and i keep getting really sharp pains in my lower abdomon mostly to the right. it worried me quite a bit until i read this, its helpd a lot. but the pains im getting are lasting for up to 5-10 minutes, is this normal? i keep feeling really depressed aswel and crying for no reason and finking negative a lot. is this all to do with the pregnancy?
x x
I am soooo happy to see that I am not the only one experienceing the cramping. I am about 8 weeks pregnant I have had on and off cramping I think since I've conceived. I was getting very worried since none of my girlfriends experienced the cramping, except one. I have been paranoid since I have had a couple cycsts in the past on my right ovary. My gyno. didn't seem concerned about the cysts and said they are common. My mother experienced cycsts before she has children and they never came back after. I've noticed once I remove my bowels the cramping subsides.I suffered for years from bad period cramps so feeling this cramping now during pregnancy is very alarming to me.
This is my first pregnancy so I am nervous about everything. I know my body very well. I've worked out aggressively for years and I eat very clean. I am noticing every single change in my body, moods and cravings. I weight lift so I am confused as how working out is encouraged, yet to do silly daily activities is not. I really worked out this past weekend, since finding out I was pregnant. I just listened to my body and once I felt really fatigued I stopped.
This is my first pregnancy- I'm pretty young..  I'm nervous, excited and scared all at once. I am 5 wks along.  I have been experiencing cramping and very bad lower back pains. Does anyone know why?  Its funny,   every time I think about me being pregnant thats when I mostly notice the cramping.. its probably all in my head.  Is anyone else in here young in their first pregnancy.. any advice for being a mom???
Hi this is my first preg as well i am 30 years old. i am 6 weeks have had cramping for past couple of weeks and was worried so went to hospital and was examined doc said not to worry nothing abnormal. its horrible feeling as if my periods are coming any minute .. funny as when my mind on something else its not as bead. i felt walking helped. All the best
I need help! About a month ago my boyfriend and i had an accident and i took a morning after pill...i experienced really bad cramping during that week and i got horrible clumpy bleeding about 5 days after i took it...i bled for about a week and it stopped for a week during that sunday i started my birth control and i stopped bleeding i was on it for about 1 and 1/2 weeks and i just started bleeding 9 days ago and i have horrible lower back pains and cramping with bad bleeding and i cant tell if its nausea or what but i cant eat and i feel sick to my stomach with light headedness and fatigue....the doctor said to stop taking my pill but i havent been able to stop bleeding or eat of anything and i have HORRIBLE cramps and back pains...I go to the doctors tomorrow...Does anyone know what could be going on and how long it will last?
Well I'm trying to be hopefull I had one miscarriage on April 1ST. and Im pregnant again but I have cramps but only on my left side Im worred about a tublar pregnancy. I dont have insurance right now so I have to wait it out. Im hoping the pain goes away now that I know its common to cramp. well I wish everyone the best!!!  If anyone knows about tubelar pregnancys please let me know.
I recently had sex with my bf.. and four days straight we didnt use any form of protection, and now it's been a week or so later, and Im having really bad cramping. can someone tell me whats going on. please!! thanx.
I started spotting at 8 dpo. It started off pink and sparce, only appearing when I wipe. Today (one day later) it is heavier (enough for a panty liner or 2) and there have been 2 tiny clots in it. I do not expect my period until 7 to 9 days from now. I felt a weird sensation in my loser abdomen yesterday, and there is no cramping. I have a headache and I am tired. I have no idea what is going on. Am I pregnant and experiencing implantation bleeding? Am I having a miscarriage? Or am I just getting my period really early? Can anyone shed some light on my situation?
Iam 8 weeks pregnant( but just found out a week ago that i was pregnant) I have been having cramps since i was supposed to start my period...is the cramping supposed to last this long? This is my first pregnacy . I wasnt concerned about the cramping before i found out  because my period was always irregular..but now that im pregnant im getting scared..
I had terrible cramping at the beginning of my pregnancy. I remember feeling as though AF was about to arrive any minute and i kept rushing to the bathroom!
I dont remember how long it lasted though so if your in any doubt i would call your doctor.
Best of luck to you.
hi! I'm 20 yrs old and well 5 months ago i had an ectopic pregnancy, it was really hard to go on and continue without feeling any guilt! i had 2 cysts also removed. now recently for a week i've been feeling cramps but my period was aug. 29, 07 and i was on yaz but the doctor said it was ok to try again for a baby... i never took the pills on a set time or there was days i would skip it. so aug 29 was the day of my period, i only had it for 3 days and it stopped just completly and that was it but my husband and i had sex on aug 28 one day before i had my period... i just see it strange that i stopped the pill and i had a normal period and then it stopped... and all this week i've been feeling really tired, and cramping that comes and goes.. no spotting, and im just waiting to get my period to see if im late! i really dont know whats going on im scared of having an ectopic pregnancy or that i might miscarry cause of my previous experience... can anyone help... PLEASE!! thanks!!
Best of luck to everyone!
It could be a number of things. Your body will take time to adjust once you stop taking the pill so it could be to do with that. The cramping could be ovulation pains which happens around mid cycle.
Either way i wouldnt worry too much unless you are in severe pain, in which case you must see a doctor.
Good luck and i hope everything works out for you.
im 6 weeks pregnant i think and i keep getting jabbin pains in my left or my right side got it in my right side at the mo this is my second child.
its making me really worried as i dont know why this is its when i move or ive done to much can any one help to think what it might be i dont have no lower pain at all.
could i be further gone?
docs think im 6 weeks as from my last period but i did stop my pill mid pack and had iregular bleedin so periods  were never 28 or 21 days more like 2 weeks and i only had 1 from stoppin my pill back in june xx
i too am having littel cramping. they dont last long and i cant really say that they are painful either. i think this is normal. i am 4 weeks.
i am 4 weeks pregnat and i have been getting period pains for the last three months just recently they have been getting worse im not bleeding though.but im scared i might be having a misscarrage has anybody had this before?  
if you read the above posts,they are all very helpful. and answers to your questions.
My period is a week late and I have been on the button every month since I was 13!  (I'm 29 now.)  I have a lot of pregnancy symptoms, right down to morning sickness.  However, I took a pregnancy test a few days ago and it was negative?  What's going on?  
I AM 6 WEEKS PREGNANT AND HAVING REALLY BAD CRAMPING.IM NOT BLEEDING AT ALL THOUGH. IVE HEARD TO HAVE A MISCARRIAGE YOU HAVE TO BLEED BUT I GOT A PHONE CALL FROM MY FRIEND TODAY AND SHE HAD A MISCARRIAGE AND SHE NEVER HAD ANY BLEEDING. MY CRAMPING IS LIKE 3 INCHES BELOW MY BELLY BOTTON AND THEYLL LAST ABOUT 5-10 MIN. THEY COME AND GO.SOMETIMES THEY EVEN TAKE MY BREATH AWAY AND I HAVE TO STOP WHAT IM DOING. MY NURSE HAS TOLD ME EVERYTHING IS OK BUT IM STILL CONCERNED. ANY1 KNOW IF THIS IS NORMAL OR NOT? THANK YALL!
Hi pjx I'm about 3 weeks pregnant now, and have been getting bad cramps. My ObGyn referred me to a Radiologist and they did the ultrasound. Everything looked fine. Plus you won't be able to determine if you're having a miscarriage since the pregnancy is still too early. At least you know that you're not alone :-)   Just pray to God that He will protect you and the baby. Good luck!
Ima 7 weeks pregnant and i get light cramping feelings and stabbing like pains in my left or right side sometimes but no bleeding.i also get a sharp pain in my breast every once in a while is that all normal i heard it is but dont know...
Hey ladies! I am 20 and i just found out about 3 days ago that i am pregnant. We think i am about 5 or 6 weeks (irregular cycles), i have my 1st dr apt in 2 weeks, but this morning i woke up and have some very mild (but noticeable) cramps in my left side, moving didnt help, heat didnt help and now i am getting a little worried. Last year around this time i had to have an non optional DnC because of complications with my body but this tine we are excited about it and i dont remember ever having cramps with my 1st one (who is now 3). Should i call the doctor tomorrow or just work it out, im so scared, i want this baby so much.
Hi there....i had a miscarriage feb 29th which was really sad. We were being really careful but obviously not careful enough....ha ha. We were pregnant two weeks later. Seeing as this happened I am finding it hard to get excited b/c I worry about it happening again. I am about 6 weeks now and I have been getting sharp pains and cramping as well. Feels like gas and other times like period cramps however nothing Iike I had ecperienced on the 29th.
I am in your situation right now! I found out 11 days ago that I'm pregnant and a few days after I started to bleed and cramp! I know cramping is completely normal.. It could be any thing. The baby implanting itself in your uterus can cause some cramps and light bleeding. Were you on birth control before you got pregnant? If so then the with drawls from not taking bc anymore can also cause some cramps. I never had bleeding or cramping with my son. But, This one is completely different! If your doctor don't seem to concerned then I wouldn't worry! I'm sure your doctor knows better then anyone! Are they doing blood tests to make sure your hcg level goes up like it should?
Oh, I forgot to add. My cramps and bleeding was actually like I was on my period! The bleeding is now gone but the cramps are there if I move around to much! My doctor told me to try and stay off my feet as much as possible! Maybe you can try that.
I would call your doctor if I was you! Mine told me if I get light headed at all to go into the ER. Light headed can be a sign of MC. I don't want to really worry you but you should go see the doctor as soon as possible. It could be nothing but it's better to be safe then sorry!

I wish everyone luck with there pregnancy and I pray all of your babies are and will be happy and healthy!
i am also very young and this is my first pregnancy. i'm 5 weeks along and very excited, nervous and scared as well!! i've been experiencing slight cramping too, but no bleeding or spotting. and also no lower back pain. good to know this isn't abnormal!! congratulations and best wishes to everyone!!! :]
Hi maranda

i am six weeks this friday and i am experiencing the same period like pains i miscarried in january so i am worried but my doc said its normal so keeping my fingers crossed all goes okay this time i say a pray for you if you say one for me ha ha
i have had unprotective sex with my boyfriend about 9 times  and we are trying for a baby .. my period is due on the 14th i have been having alot of pregnecy symptons but all the test say neg i have  took and still my breast hurt and ive been so tired but im cramping like im getting ready to start my period could i still be pregnet i need help my last period was adnormal
I'm 7wks pregnant tomorrow and I have been having period like cramps since about 2 or 3 weeks preg. They are stating to ease off now but I have been told by many other pregnant woman that it is very normal as they say to me "there is a hell of a lot going on down there" "there is bound to be some discomfort" I have been told by my doctor to expect cramping and I told him "oh don't worry I've already got it" As I had it before my period was due I thought it was just my period coming. It then of course never came. My concern is that at 7wks I do not have any morning sickness. A few days last week I felt a little bit queasy once or twice throughout the day but thats all. I've been told that morning sickness is a sign that all is going well this the baby and as I don't have this I'm really starting to worry!!. I have an ultrasound on Wednesday (whish feel like it will never come).
Good luck to all.
Sunshine, don't stress yourself out by testing early!! My friend tested early with one of those preg tests that say you can test a week before your due and she got neg too and she was pregnant! I know its really hard but just wait it out and see if your late.

best of luck!
I am 6 weeks pregnant.  I had a miscarriage in August.  I am so excited to be pregnant but my boobs have stopped hurting and I have had period like cramping.  I am basically just waiting for the bleeding to start.  I go to the doctor tomorrow for blood work etc...so I guess I will find out for sure tomorrow.
Girl257
Symptoms come and go in early pregnancy and period like cramping is completely normal as long as it isn't too painful. It should just be a dull achy kind of cramping.
Don't just assume that you are going to miscarry, that is no way to think, try and be positive. Good luck at your appointment tomorrow and I hope you get great news
I've never been pregnant before and I insiminated 2 weeks ago today.  I've been having severe, sharp, knife-like pains on my lower, left side for a few days now.  While they only last a few seconds, they are harsh!!  I've taken two pregnancy tests, but they were both negative.  I haven't missed a period yet, so it's still early.  My doctor has me on progesterone.  Could the pains be a sign of pregnancy, a side effect of the medicine, or something else??  Anyone have any ideas or feedback to share?
hi i was on the pill then found out i was pregnant and stopped taking it. then 2 days later i started with a brown discharge like the start and end of a period. i have bad period cramps too.
am i having a miscarraige (miscarriage)?
i just try not to think about the cramps i had bleeding while ago but went to my gyn n baby is fine i am now in my 11th week.i have cramping but it is normal in less u have heavy bleeding and even then the baby can still be fine.the more u worrie the more cramps u will feel.
destract ur self it sometimes helps me our lay down helps me to.sometimes takeing a warm bath helps.our laying down and rubbing ur belly helps to even sometimes eating also.i would not advise doing any bending ur 1st 3 months thy make my cramps act up lol.wish u all the best.
HI EVERYONE!

I am 7 weeks jus about, went to the DR on monday this week, and he noted all looked good. i have however had cramping on and off, its like a twisting pinch almost on either side, and then it disappears. It is almost like a period cramp, just sudden and then it does away. It happens also when I sneeze sometimes, it gets triggered. Doc says all looks good with the baby and I go back in a few weeks. I hope everything is ok. Congrats to all the Mommy-to-BE's out there! Best of Luck to us all!

Z
i have cramps also but very small almost painless! Is this normal I am only 6 weeks pregnant?!
hello everyone im 7 weeks im so happy this is my third child i have the pressure thing going on but the docter said i was fine i never had that with my first two or i did and i just could not feel it as well anyways congrats to everyone that is and have a heathy baby good luck to all
im so glad i found this info, my first pregnancy an the doctors said they'll check me out in another 2wks! non of my books say anything about crampin that lasts this long, i think im about 4-5 wks an jus kept thinkin for the last wk an a bit that i was finally gettin my period -i was on cerazette an only stoped in november, so was suprised to get pregnant so soon, the crampin made me think mayb it ectopic or something, but i did used to get very painful periods an this is no-where near as bad, so mayb im jus like most of u on here- crampin with no problem. i wish the books mentioned it more tho, i was really worried as wen i mentioned crampin to my mum (whos had 4 kids an 10 pregnancys altogether)  an she said 'oh ur probably fine' with that worried mother look.... but it hasnt gotten worse an no bleedin, so, hopefully, every things fine right? wish i could see the doctor now, so lame that a first timer has to wait, its just guna be 2wks of 'oh im fine' one min an' oh god wat if somethings wrong?!' the next!
I am 8 weeks pregnant and have been having period like cramps the entire time, though they are mild yet very noticeable. My doctor said this is fine as long as it is not severe cramping or is accompanied by blood. I miscarried over one year ago and remember there being continuous blood and eventually very severe cramps, but I had an ultrasound a few days ago and everything looked fine, the baby even has a heartbeat ! My doctor says every pregnancy is different and all of these cramps are probably the stretching uterus .  
im 8 wks this wk but 4 days a go i had light cramps an then mucusy discharge with just a tiny bit if blood since then i have had cramping but no blood its gooten sorta bad it more like harder period cramps usually in the evening an night an sometimes more pingy like in the left side feels like the overy area i called to day an the nurse said its fine but im wondering if it is normal or if it is leading to a m/c..anyone have advise? she said take it easy but i havent done much in the past few days an it feels worse? its my first pregnancy as well
thanks!!
I am 8 weeks pregnant and had a missed miscarriage last year at 12 weeks.  I had an ultrasound at about 5 weeks bc I was having mild cramping in my lower abdomen.  I got freaked out and wanted to make sure everything was ok.  The preg sack was visable but too early to see the baby.  My doc said everything was fine and cramps were natural.  I have been having cramping in the middle of the night for the past week and i am trying to assume it is gas or const (sorry tmi) but I cant help to be freaked out that i am going to miscarriage again.  I go to the dr today and i am sooo nervous! just wanted to vent. I hope everything is ok. I cant go through this again.
i wish this many people would help with my problem.but yes i cramped for the first 8 weeks.it felt like menstral cramps
I at 8 weeks tomorrow and tonight I am going for my first ultrasound. I am terrifed that something is wrong with my little bean. I have had some pretty bad cramping for the last few weeks, but hasnt been any blood whatsoever. This is my first pregnancy and every little pain terrifies me. I am also worried that I may be having an ectopic pregnancy...any advice for me would be great...thanks
It's fairly normal for me to have late periods sometimes. Usually my breasts get sore for about a week before my menstrual cycle. Well the last two times I had my period my friend and I were synched up. So my period was finally being fairly normal..

My period is now a little over two weeks late. I took a test about 4 days ago in the afternoon and it was negative. The line in the control window showed up. The next window was supposed to have a negative line or a positive line. Well the negative line showed up really lightly. I thought I could barely, barely at all see a plus sign.. but couldn't figure out if I was just convincing myself or not. Was I seeing where the line would appear, or was I actually seeing a line? Anyway I just assumed it was negative.

I am having very, very dull light cramps and my breasts are beginning to get sore. But lately I have felt very bloated, have been getting heart burn after eating, and most odd of all.. my temperature has stayed steady at 99.1 for nearly a week.

Could I be pregnant?
Hi ladies. I'm happy to hear that I'm not the only one going through this. I found out on Friday that I'm 6 weeks pergnant. This is my 3rd child. With my first two pregnancy I didn't have any cramps. With this one I get alot of period cramps and pressure in my abdominal going down my private. I'm very concern about this. I have to wait for friday to see my doc and it seems forever lol. Some people say that is normal. I'm concern cuz my sister went through the same thing. When she went to the hospital cuz it was time it turns out that the baby didn't make it. She went through alot. So thats why I'm very concern. As soon as I find out wats going on I will let you ladies know. God bless and Congrats
4 weeks preggers and experiencing on and off cramping..no bleeding. The nausea has kicked in and is getting a little bit more pronounced each day. As much as I cramp on and off, I am comforted in a weird way by my nausea because I know my hormones continue to rise and thats a good sign. This is my third. Good luck to everyone.
my period is due today, i have had some light cramping but nothing like my normal period..every month they have been pretty bad but this time they are like a dull ache. Could i be pregnant?
Hi ladies. I’m 19 and 12 weeks pregnant. I had sex last friday with my boyfriend and had nothing wrong that night. The next day, saturday, I woke up fine and went out to do some errands. when I got home around 4-5ish, I started cramping menstrual-like cramps so they weren’t that bad. Then 20 min later, it got way worse and I had to lay down. I couldn’t move or else they hurt even more. Eventually, I had to use the bathroom and when I did, this big glob of blood came out. about the size of golf ball i guess and I wiped and it was bright blood. I started bleeding so I grabbed a pad and put it on and went back to laying down. I felt the urge to go to the bathroom again and the same thing happened, it came out the same size and color. Then I went back to laying down. Third time I went to the bathroom it happened again and i called my mom and she told me to lay down and rest with an ice pack on my belly. The cramping was the same 5 min apart, felt like it was stretching inside and this was all happening in 2-3 hours. I went to the bathroom one more time before I ate, and the glob of blood had stuff that looked like tissue in it. I filled up two pads and have been using them ever since saturday. I’m very scared. The pain is all gone and never happened again so far. I have a doctor’s appointment today and my first ultrasound, so I’m praying for everything to turn out fine. If you have any advice, please let me know. Thank you and God Bless.

My period which is always the same day every month straight down to the time is 1 day late. i have been having cramping but nothing major and unlike my normal period where the first day it starts its usually a moderate flow, i have a barely noticable light pink spotting and its not continueous, just when i wipe and not even all the time. I took a preg test today and two lines says it positive, well in the control window there was the dark pink line to show that the test worked and in the results window was a barely visiable light light pink line...what do you all make of it? oh and the only preg symptoms i have are fatigue and increased appitite only once in a while do i feel a bit sick to my stomach. i should add that this will be my 6th pregnancy. i have 2 children the rest were m/c's
Hello, I have three children all by c-section. I am 39 years old and I got pregnant again. I was 7 weeks two days ago~!! I woke up this morning, Mother's day of all days) and I had light cramping which got a little bit worse. I went ot the bathroom and wiped myself and had brown bleeding. I was getting more cramps for like two hours. I had to go to the bathroom again and I wiped this time it was brown and then I felt   a little drip, and then it was a little spot twice of red blood. My breasts have also stopped hurting. I feel I have had a miscarriage. I see my Gyn/OBGYN on Wednesday the 13th of May. I have had four pregnancies before and never had a miscarriage-(where I lost the baby myself). I was only 22 when I had my daughter, 26 when I had my first son and 36 when I had my second son. Although,before my second son thought at 19 weeks because I was 35 they asked to do a aminocytesis. Me and my husband read the facts on Amnio and it seemed pretty safe. By this point I had three ultrasounds, one at 7 weeks and they seen the embryo and the heartbeat and then one by my regular OBGYN at 12 weeks and very strong heartbeat. Then when I went to the specialist to have the Amnio it was almost 19 weeks-18 weeks 5 days. They did a ultrasound before hand and told me it was a girl and everything was perfect. Mesaurements everything~!!!!! They did the Amnio, I had cramping which was to be expected. I had no signs of any problems and had my regular OBGYN Appointment four days later. He took me in the office started to measure me and then asked me when I had the Amnio? He was reading over paperwork and I wish people could have been there, he asked at least five times when did I have the Amnio?9 My husabdn and I knew somethign was wrong because he was lookign at the paperwork right in front of him) He then went to check the heartbeat and nothing. So he took me into the ultrasound room and it was a fetal demise. The worst part was he was readin the growth date of 18 weeks and 6 days so the baby had died in-utero a day after I had the Amnio. I know alot of people would probably say they are safe but, the doctor who did my D&C at University of Pennsyvania straight out told me it caused it because they received the tissue tests back and there was nothing wrong with my fetus or myself~!!! I do not know, I feel my own body and am sure I had a miscarriage today or it started. but, I only bleed when I wiped myself and brown in my underwear for a little while no tissue type or blood clots~!!! for like a half a hours and it was brown and it was only bleeding when I went to urinate and then wipe myself .I will see what the doctor states. I am sure if it was or is a miscarriage it might have not completed.that is why I only l had slight symptoms, I went to urinate~!!! God Bless everyone~!!! Please everybody stay positive. And if there is a medical professional or someone that has experience with this please let me know what you think~!!! Lynda C. from Atlantic City New Jersey
I am 7 wks. and have had mild cramping ever since I found out I was preggo 2 wks. ago. I mentioned it to my doc at first visit and she didn't seem overly concerned. This is my 2nd preg. my daughter is 12 and I didn't have any pain or anything with her. I now worry about every little twinge. If it wasn't for this forum I think my doc would have fired me as her patient. Thanks for everyone, I feel so much better.
Thank god for forums! I have been quite worried about my cramps (only 5 weeks in), no one ever mentioned cramps in pregnancy to me. My friend told me the most embarassing thing is when you loose control of your bowels and bladder while giving birth.... What other things are in store that no one tells us about?!
thank yall so much 4 helping me understand i had a m/c a couple months ago and im preg again i go 2 the doc feb 2 so i havent been yet but im happy scared and excitied allat the same time please pray for me thank you! i have had some minor camping the last couple days ive calculatedmyself at about 6 wks i have 2 boys now and  really want this baby!!! should i be worried i dont remember any cramping when i had my m/c>
Hi all... This site is very helpful. I'm a bit unsure whether I'm pregnant or not. I have a normal monthly period. I had my period for the month of Dec 2010 and for Jan 2011. Only my period for Jan was very different than it normally is. Also before it started my pms symptoms were so crazy I was almost sure I was pregnant. Then AF came like clock work for Jan month only it was different. No clotting and cramps were up until it ended(unusual for me cause I would normally have cramps the first 2 days my period starts only) which lasted 5 days (normal for me) now that my period has finished a week ago I still feel like I have it. Abdominal cramps on and off, bach ache, headaches on and off and now a sore throat but I don't feel flu'ish at all!! I don't understand. Its unlikely that I'm pregnant seeing that I had my period but I just can't shake the feeling that I might be(hoping I am) does anyone have advice for me pls?????
Sooooo relieved...I'm 6wks 5days and have been cramping throughout the day for 2 weeks now. No bleeding, no other bad signs..just "period like cramps!" Can be very unnerving! It seems to start up the more active I get...so I lay down and they go away..then I get up, start working and they come back...grrrrr...anyone else experience that?
try not to be stressed and be calm only time will tell.. may women experience these same things but you never really know until you wait. its sooo hard i know :p i believe babies cant be produced when a woman is stressed for a reason. stress can cause problems with your babies development because the extra stressful hormones you produce.. they can cause your baby to have high blood pressure and slight problems mentally they can be angered easily and or have moodiness more often then normal. when you are stressed you baby can be too try to think of them :] and only the positive best of luckk to all of you and your babies!<3
I believe I might be pregnant but have not got a test yet. But the past few days I have had unexplainable cramps that come and go but can get super sharp. Do you think I'm pregnant cause my period is not for another week?
i just found out im prego a couple days ago and ive been haveing cramping in my upper stomach and like fluttering. im not sure if thats normal i still have to call and make an appointment for the doctor.
I'm 8 weeks pregnant, I had spotting at 6 weeks, scan at 7 weeks and all was fine, strong cramping pains at 8 weeks. Hope everythings ok :/
I just found out I am pregnant with my second child a few days ago. this was only the second month we've been trying, last month I was certain I was pregnant and then got my period. so this month I just kinda ignored it and said it will happen when it happens. last week I started get signs of pms, cramps, bloated and I figured I wasn't pregnant, so this week I was still feeling crampy but my period never showed up. so 4 days after it was due I took a test, and it was positive!!! anyway, I am still having light cramps kind of a achy feeling, and a little lower back pain. I'm not overly concerned because I remember feeling a little crampy with my first and that pregnancy when just fine, just wanted to share with you all!!
I'm expecting my second child and I had my first  miscarriage about 3 mths ago and I'm cramping, no spotting or anything but I'm still worried bc I'm only 1 week!!! I'm very glad to know that it's some what normal ;) I just pray that I dont start spotting or bleeding! Congratulations to everyone.
When  I got pregnant I was having cramps and spotting for like three weeks and it just stoped thanks to God.Now I am three months pregnant.So if you are cramping you should call your doctor that way they will see you more and take care of your pregnancy.. If you do make shore to have a good doctor ,because I think the ER makes a lot of mistakes.Goodluck
I am 7 weeks pregnant, have had slight cramping, good to here its normal, I was getting worried.. This forum is great
I am having sharp pains through my belly i had a few with my first pregnancy but not like this am really worried
I am 7 weeks since the beginning of my last period, and have taken 3 pregnancy tests which have all turned up positive. I have menstrual-like cramps that come and go and I have read enough to see that many women have them and that it goes away BUT I have just ended 2 months straight of being sick with shingles, flu, kidney infection and bladder infection. To make things even scarier I was born with only one kidney, am on meds for Interstitial Cystitis as well as Post-Herpetic Neuralgia. So I am not sure if these conditions will have an impact and if the cramping is related to them or if it is normal. I apologize for being all over the place but I am concerned... can any reassurance be given?
Im 43 years old and found out that im pregnant, I didnt know that was even possible for my husband and me any longer, but im almost 8 weeks and have some cramping and some light back discomfort and I want this baby so bad and Im afriaid I might loose it.
Hya there, I am 41 and just found out i am 7 1/2 weeks pregnant i get the pains and the backache too, i also had a bit of bleeding when i was 6 weeks and still have a bit now, they did an ultrasound and said everything is fine, the pains are normal they told me i get them on both left and right sides down low also in my lower back and just under my ribs on both sides. I was so worried but they assured me everything is fine. I lost a little boy at 19 weeks he was born on xmas eve 2010 they induced me as he was fine at 18 weeks then a 3cm tumor appeared at 19 weeks so they induced labor as he wasn't going to make it and would have had a heart attack inside me before he was born and could have been fetal to me and the baby. Soooo like you i really want this baby i have 4 other children to my first partner of 20 years but i have now been married for nearly 2 years and the little boy i lost was my husbands 1st child then this little bean.
wishing you all the best with your pregnancy all lots and lots of Baby Dust to you. xx
I'm 6 weeks pregnant. and I'm having mild cramping too my friend never had them but my other friend has had them on both pregnancies.also i had one more friend that had tthe same thing but had a miscarriage twice. so I'm still worried and confused even tho my doctor didn't seem alarmed.
Hi Mimis89, i went in for an assessment appointment at the hospital today ive had cramping for quite a while now and spotting but they reassured me today its all normal i saw the heartbeat on an u/s quick scan at she counted that it was beating about 140bpm which is nice and strong. Cramping is all normal in the first 3 months as everything is stretching and pulling to make room for ur little one. Good Luck but all should be fine so try not to worry. :o)
I have been cramping for about a week now and it feels like my period is coming but I'm not suposse to start untill the 15th of this month but I'm worried that i am pregnant could i be? And it has almost been 2 weeks since i had sex.
I ovulate on the 18 of feb after i had ovulated I started to have some slight cramping off & on my nipple did icy for one day & I felt dizziness like the room was spending around & some nausea but nw I'm jst cramping & feeling nausea off & on some time could  I be pregnant
Im 9 weeks pregnant now, had a miscarriage two years ago.. and been trying for a baby ever since, now i'm pregnant ive been feeling so negative, every feeling i get, like light cramps, i think the worst, i don't know if it's normal or not.. I have been feeling sick, and exhausted, and emotional... thinking of those symptoms make me feel a bit better but as soon as the light cramps come back, i think somethings wrong.. help ? :\
Im 8 weeks pregnant now, had a miscarriage two years ago.. and been trying for a baby ever since, now i'm pregnant ive been feeling so negative, every feeling i get, like light cramps, i think the worst, i don't know if it's normal or not.. I have been feeling sick, and exhausted, and emotional... thinking of those symptoms make me feel a bit better but as soon as the light cramps come back, i think somethings wrong.. help ? :\
Im 10 weeks 6 days and had cramping up until I was 7 weeks it wasn't painful enough to wanna take meds but noticeable it would get better if I loosened my pants or stretched out my legs or leaned back instead if forward I felt it in my stomach and in my back... almost as if it were cramps I got 3-4 days before my period so I kept thinking I was gonna start my doc said it was totally normal itsxjust your uterus stretching as long as your not bleeding you are ok
Im 13 weeks tomorrow and i been having cramps and aches and pain since about 5 weeks. I also had bleeding at 6.6 weeks. I had my 12 week scan 3 days ago and baby was healthy :) cramping is compleatly normal in early pregnacy its just your body making room for the little sprog. My pains arnt so much crapming more aching now like really strong bloated pains. Hope thay helps x
Great to see other people in the same boat.

I was diagnosed with PCOS a year ago. I was put on Metformin to regulate my periods and balance my hormones. My partner and I had regular unprotected sex but nothing.. I was distressed and convinced I would never Conceive. We moved into our own Place 5 weeks ago. My mind was else where and not once did i think about having a baby. I have irregular periods as it is... but recently i was 10 days late. I have taken FOUR tests. All came back positive and they all say i'm around 2-3 weeks..

Excited isnt the word when like most of people ive seen on these forums, a lot of us thought we couldn't conceive!

My main question is, ive been cramping on and of for the last 2 weeks, i did think it was my period coming.. but its definitely not as strong as them. A little bit worried..but from what i see this is fairly normal. Docs on Thursday should make me feel better :) Roll om the 12 week mark!! Good luck to all future mums!!
Wow, so great to see alot of people are experiencing the same thing I am! This is actually my 4th kid, you would think I am a veteran, but every pregnancy is like the first one!  Especially for me, my youngest is 9! I am about 6 weeks, and have had cramping as well. Seems like its getting better, but none the less, its scary. I can't wait for my first apt. Its in two weeks.
Giving birth a second time to the placenta.....
I had period like cramps up until 14 weeks, they started very early on and they initially thought my pregnancy was ectopic, thankfully not. It isn't pleasant but my midwife said that as long as I wasn't bleeding it should be fine. She said it could be your bodies way of telling you to take it easy, also to have a look at the dates of when you get them, it sounds strange but apparently some women get cramps around when they should be having thier period. I'm 21weeks5days and my cramps have gone and my little princess is perfectly fine :) Take it easy when they start and good luck :)
I am in a similar situation to you. 3 pregnancy, first two ended in miscarriage. I am worried about this one. I am 6 weeks 5 days. The waiting is killing me.  I was able to get them to investigate during my last miscarriage, but it was inconclusive. It looks lie they tested my cells, instead of the baby's.  So I never got my answer to what was going wrong.
Hang in there!
im 7 weeks and have cramping n sharp pains its normal i had it with my first pregancy also only worry if it gets really painful n theres bleeding

congrats :)
im pregnant about 5 weeks and ive had nothing but lower back pain and period like cramps since i found out i was pregnant 1 week ago is this normal???
I am 9 weeks and also have gad two mc thw cramping is horrible and u had really bad back pain for almost a week before i started lising the baby...mc is really bad cramping followed by bleeding and my specialist said back pain is one of the first signs....good luck!
i have had cramping in both sides of my abdomen as well as random sharp pain every now and the i am 6wks preg and ha e.my first altra sound thursday scared i may ha e had a mossed misscarridge because this i my first pregnacy help
scared mum to be :'(
Hi Elle,

I have just found out i am 4 weeks pregnant with my first baby aswell - i am 19. How old are you?

It's so exciting!! although i have been having small cramps but after coming on here i feel alot better about it now!

Wow! I too have PCOS and have been ttc for the past 2 years with dissapointing results. Last month I was just focus in looking for our new home so I was not thinking about pregnancy. Just last week, I felt kind of strange and started to have some symptoms. I decided to take a pregnancy test and lo behold, it came out positive. Overjoyed was not the word. I thought this day would never come.
Im still taking the Metoformine as prescribed by the doctor however, I have been getting slight cramps down there with no blood. I'm just a little worried since most articles say that women with PCOS have higher miscarriages than normal women. I'm just waiting to see my doctor next week to get the final word and to be cared for. I'm glad I read your post because I feel Im not alone in this boat :)
Hello, the idea is not to worry your body is in its natural state and will do what it needs to. Keeping positive but also knowing God is in control even if it doesn't work out has helped me I'm on my second pregnancy almore 6 weeks my first was a miscarriage. In beginning I had the sharp pressure like pains which seemed to fade but almost every day I experience light cramping I think it has to do with our digestion too when ur bowels r being moved etc it can kinda affect the way your tummy feels and like someone else said the growing of your uterus and slight strtching of ligaments can be noticed more than you would think rest well trust God and regardless of outcome if it is the desire of your heart to have children He will give it to you if you have faith and hang in there I'm living proof of that! Blessings
Hi! I'm 20 with my first pregnancy I am almost 9 weeks and have been having mild cramps every now and then and very light spotting. I just wanted to know if this is a sign of m/c I'm kinda scared cause I'm really excited for this baby. So please any advice or anything will help. Maybe some stuff to take out Nausea thank you. I have my first real doctor visit on friday.
Im 5 weeks 2 days i have had cramping pain that comes and goes since i found out was 4weeks and keep worrying gunna have another misccariage as had one in dec rang doctors and spoke to them said it can be normal .fingas crossed had no bleeding just hope its gunna be ok this time
Im almost 6weeks along and Ive had this cramping from week 4. Somedays its there and others its not. Its all compleatly normal. I was worried just like you and I posted on here too. It realybis great you find out so much that you dont hear anywhere else. :)
I am four weeks and five days pregnant...I also have been having cramps off and on that feel like af cramps..had my pregnancy confirmed at doc office yesterday...pretty sad,but I had to beg the doctor to order a hcg quant as they say it's not medically necessary because they confirmed at the office through a urine test...keep in mind,I have had two miscarriages in the past,both in very early pregnancy..I also have to pay out of pocket for the hcg quant to be done..
I had cramping but now I dont so much, 5-7 weeks of pregnancy I was cramping. It's normal, now im 10 weeks and hardly any cramps.