Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Is it a womans job to change a baby girl?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Would u let ur partner change a newborn baby girl?
Yes. Lol especially if its his baby. I don't see why it would be a problem
Definitely, and like the other comment said, especially if hes the daddy! Why would it even be an issue? I dont understand . .
Im a ftm and was told a girls private parts are quite exposed and it should be a woman as its quite personal.. I have nothing against it!!!! Just want others opinions!
I can understand why you would be a little uncomfortable.....but I think if you trust him and It's his child or he has been there since day one then I don't see a problem with it lol...my daughters father will change her.
I don't see a problem with it but I know alot of people who do.
If you dont trust him like others said I wouldn't. But if that's the case she shouldn't be around him. If he's her daddy then there's nothing odd about it at all. That's his baby girl
I don't think she is saying she doesn't trust her partner...I think she is saying its just a little awkward in a sense because its kind of like that baby parts are all out there....I think its just more of an opinion post not that she doesn't trust anyone...
My husband didnt change our first daughter but maybe a few times. Because he said he just doesnt feel comfortanle changing a lil girl. So i completely understand. She is 3 now and when he gives her a bath he has her wash her own parys. We are having another lil girl too so i dont expect him to change her either.
Okay I understand now. I see how the dads could feel that way!
Of course sometimes i wished he would change some diapers. Lol
My partner has always abit unsure changing girls, he thinks there super sensitive and don't want to hurt them! He's used to it now thou after having 5 girls between me and his ex!!
If he is the father and wants to change the nappy, I don't see why not. Would the same reasoning apply to women changing sons? What is different about girls that the father can't change the nappy?
My.husband changes our lil.girls dispers. At the hospital he was a lil unsure and nervous about it but he does it now. Don't get me wrong I.Def change most of them.
It never even crossed my.mind a dad might feel that way,but I can see,why.
My other half changes our daughter all the time.
yeah. i dont see a problem same as a woman changing a boy. my sis in law showers with her son and hes 2. my partner wont bath her as hes scared he will hurt her but he has when i have been unable but ive had to supervise lol
He should be able to change her diaper if he is the father I mean you're sick and not able to care for her he's gonna have to step up and take care of her #IJS
I wasn't uncomfortable at all changing my sons diaper, and I'm not a male, and my husband certainly didn't change all of my sons diapers because he's a male, haha! I'll definitely have to teach him no wiping back to front, of course, and how to do it (but I did with my son, too) but he'll be changing his little girls diapers when she gets here!
Only if it's really necessary..I don't see why any man should change a baby girl. & it's not a trust issue. Im like that with everyone! I feel like no one will clean her like I will..haha I know dumb hu...
My hubby changed our daughter's first diaper she is 3 now but he bathes her but like the other lady said she washes her own private parts. He has never felt like its all my place but when my daughter was younger she had her little parts grow up(i wasn't told at the hospital that could even happen) and I done the medicine down there and she recently had a yeast infection and I also treated that cause he is uncomfortable as far as that stuff goes.
I'm the same clarijar haha!! I say I'm going to let him help, but he can't clean or do it as good as me, so I just choose to do it!
I would let my husband do it but he mostly just sticks to the wet diapers. He only changes poopy ones when I'm not around. He doesn't feel comfortable getting all up in her business and I don't blame him LoL
My husband helped make the baby, and he is getting diapers just like he is gonna be up some nights feeding, burping, getting spit up on, and etc. we will have two boys, but it is no different than me changing our son or bathing him.
Laceylace I agree u know I'm nervouse about if we have a boy having to take care of his thing after circumcision...but I know I will cause hubby works so no differant. Some men may just be uncomfortable I can understand but some may also use that excuse to get out of wrk...haha