Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Is it possible that I'm pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Is it possible that I'm pregnant?

Almost a month ago I had to take 2 different prescriptions (Amoxicillin and Benzonatate) because of a cold/infection i had. At the time, I was taking birth control pills (othro tricyclin lo). But because of the possibility that the antibiotics would void my birth control, i decided not to take them this month so that i wouldnt waste them. I have interrupted my birth control in the past and usually, my period comes on the week after (which it did, the week of March 15). I havent taken the birth control since.  

My boyfriend and i have had sex numerous times since then (usually wearing a condom, but sometimes we were careless and used the pull out method). On April 3 (almost 2 weeks ago), we had sex and I believe he 'stayed in a little longer than he should have', although there wasnt reason to believe that 'pure' semen was inside me, though there is little doubt that there was pre-ejaculate.

Its pretty much been exactly a month since I last had my period. Usually I get very heavy cramps the day before it's due and the first two days are very heavy (i go through at least 2 regular tampons in less than 8 hours). But this time, im only feeling extremely light cramps here and there. There is absolutely no flow at all. I had a little bit discharge yesterday and the day before; the first (and only) strand of discharge the first day was cherry red in color (normally for me it is a dark red) and then the next day there was a very small strand of milky white discharge with a little bit of muddy brown color. but thats it. my period is no where to be found! My urine isnt the least bit red and there isnt any blood when i wipe.

I took a pregnancy test (i used the First Response brand) yesterday morning and the afternoon before and they were both NEGATIVE. is there a possibility that the tests were wrong? i NEVER miss my period so im kinda freaking out.

Other symptoms i have are tiredness, nausea, and lower back pains but i usually always have those problems, so you can see why i have no clue what to think! lol

Also, a few days ago my nipples were extremely sensitive and that lasted for about 3 days, but there wasnt any soreness in the actual breasts.

can someone tell me whats going on??? I have one last pregnancy test...when should i take it, if at all???
Thanks for your time! And I really appreciate all the help i can get!
There is always a possibility of pregnancy if you have had unprotected sex, I would wait at least 5 days before testing again as the hcg levels double every couple of days and it could be that you tested too early.  It could also be possible that by stopping your birth control it's mucked up your cycle a bit and your period will come later than usual.
There is always a possibility of pregnancy even on the pill.
There could also be a number of things that could cause your period to be a no show.
All in all Im not going to go all into everything, a good rule is to test no earlier the 19 days after the the day you think you got pregnant (the day you had unprotected sex).
Hope this helps.
It is possible your pregnant but your body may just not be "right" because of not taking the pills.  Your hormones may be a little off right now.  I would wait like 3 days and test again.  If you are a week late then I would say it's time to call your doctor to get tested there and maybe have some bloodwork done.  Hope everything works out ok for you.