Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Is it possible to bleed heavy and bright red and it not be a miscarriag...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Is it possible to bleed heavy and bright red and it not be a miscarriage?

Hi. I should be 5 weeks as of today but yesterday morning i started bleeding bright red blood with a few clots i was also cramping really bad. The bleeding is still going on and it is still very heavy even my periods are not this heavy, while the cramping comes and goes. Im really scared ive been reading about how some women had the same symptons and they were not miscarring so i just want to know if anymore people had the same problems and if their babies are healthy? So can someone please help me im really really scared.
I'm sorry to hear about the bleeding and cramping. I had those same symptoms my first pregnancy and I ended up miscarrying. Usually if there is any cramping associated with the bleeding then the baby is at risk. You need to contact a doctor asap.
I am sorry you are scared, you should really go and see your doctor as soon as possible if you have any sort of bleeding or unexplained pain in pregnancy, it is not normal to bleed heavily especially not bright red blood, the cramping is a bad sign and so are the clots, it may not be a miscarriage but it does sound like it is a strong possibility, I hope everything is ok for you, but please go see your doctor as soon as possible, and if you cant get an appointment, go to your emergency room. all the best to you hun :)
Have you been to your doctor?
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers