Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Is it possible to never show positive on urine tests?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

I've been having weird abdominal pain/fullness since the beginning of November, and my periods have been off since then but still there (November it started on time but only lasted 2 days then spotted for another 4, December started on time but lasted 3 days then spotted for 5, and January it was 10 days late but seemed normal and lasted 5 days). I've had urine HCG tests at home and at the ER when I went for the abdominal pain and all have been negative...the latest test would have been when I was 8 wks along.

I haven't had sex since 11/12, so bc of that and the fact that I've gotten my periods, my doctor has not ordered a blood test. She thinks it's just stress and put me on antidepressants, but the stomach pain is not getting any better and I'm convinced there's a real reason for it. Could my periods not be periods? I've heard some women have bleeding during pregnancy, I'm wondering if that's a possibility and could explain why my HPTs are consistently negative?

I did have a pelvic and transvaginal US in mid-December and all they found was a small amt of fluid outside the uterus.
I doubt you are pregnant. Urine tests are extremely accurate and bleeding wouldn't have changed the results. HCG is a hormone that is found in pregnant woman and usually takes only about 2 weeks after unprotected sex to show up in the urine stream.
Highley unlikely your pregnant,a test would have been positive by now.
i dont know about all that! my friend took 6 urine pregnancy test for 6 months (one a month) all negative and then one day she had bad abd pain went in and had a baby! we never even knew it! so i would never say never! blood is always more accurate
yes actually a friend of mine is not able to have a positive preg test bc of the hormone needed to detect. Its very uncommon tho.
hey well i didnt get any + test results on a pee test when  last took a test it came out negatoive but very light. i didnt go and get a blood test like i should have bkuz i ended up having a miscarriage a couple days after i got tested. so i would recommend that you get a blood test done before you completely make up your mind. oh and it takes 3 weeks for hcg to show in urine and/ or blood. i did my research so take one  again soon and let me know if your pregnant or not thanks
A blood test can detect a pregnancy from 7 to 12 days following conception.which is why some docs will say come for test 2 weeks from last sexual act.so ask for blood test..
To answer your question, yes it IS possible.  Very rare, but possible . I know a nurse who's siste NEVER Showed positive on URINE pregnancy tests, but did on blood tests. It had sometihng to do with the way her kidneys were functioning.   In your case, from what you have described it is highly unlikely that you are pregnant.  Did they give an explanation for the fluid OUTSIDE of the uterus?
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers