Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Is light brown spotting right before your period is due normal?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Is light brown spotting before your period starts normal?
my period is due any day now. it usually comes between 25-28 days every month. anyhow, last night i went pee and when i wiped there was some very light brown spotting on the tissue. i assumed my period was starting. this morning the same thing but no period (just light brown spotting). now i just went pee again and it is the same thing. i usually don't have spotting right before my period? being that my period is due around now could this just be "normal" and mean my period is getting ready to start? is it normal to have some light brown spotting before your period starts? i am not sexually active so i am not pregnant and not on the pill... (i am 34 yrs old) btw...
**  i asked this question here because i was not getting any responses in the 'women's health forum'.

thanks!
Hi its perfectly normal to get this before your period comes.Im 35 and this has been happening for a while now,I normally have it 2 days before my period comes.what did help for me previously was taking vitamin b6 all cycle.
thank you for responding!  i feel a bit more at ease...
for those of you who may read this in the future - my period started the next day so this is normal i suppose!  :)
i had light blooding then i had light more and then get lighter what meen ?when should i take pregnant test?
i have been spotting off and on for over a week somtimes its jus brown and today its pink does this mean im pregnant????? i also had sex last month four different times while on my period and my boyfriend did not pull out he jus did his thang and now people are telling me i can get prego on my period is this true to??????????? i need answers please help
I'm 14 and this is my second period due in 8 days but I had brown/light pink spotting is this normal....btw I'm definately havnt had sex....please respond cos I'm kinda worried thx
Im 15. Yes, young. I never had unprotected sex. But yes i have been having sex. Last month march was my last time having sex. I was supposed to recieve my period soon after but instead, got light brown discharge... not something i was looking forward to seeing. Now were in april, Im not supposed to be seeing my period yet. But i've been seeing the same light brown discharge for a week now.. maybe a little longer. This is strange, ive always had a regular period and now this.? Yes ive been a little stressed, yes i've lost weight but this? I really dont think im pregnant but any response from you guys would be helpful so PLEASE HELP ME!
hi , i was suppost to *** on my period on 2nd-5th june nd all i had was light brown stuff it went on for about 6 days no blood ,so can any1 tell me anything as im worried please ? :/
Well the light brown discharge is actually blood. It's just old, and if you've ever seen dried or old blood, it will change to a rusty brown colour from red. There can be a lot of reasons why you get it. Normally it will precede a period or come at the tail end of a period. Sometimes it's implantation bleeding, and if you've been having unprotected sex you might be pregnant. If it's followed by certain symptoms, it can also be an indicator of STDs and infections. If you've been having unprotected sex, wait a few days and take a pregnancy test with first morning urine. If it comes up negative, make an appointment with your doctor and you can request blood work be done. You could also get checked out to make sure nothing is wrong.  
you can get prego on your period the sperm can live for days inside you be careful and if your not planning for a pregnancy never let him finish inside you or just pull out the clear fluid that is secreted before ejaculation is potent aswell thats how i got pregnant with my first a man will tell you anything so he can feel good you need to protect yourself
Well ok i had sex on the 24 of april and the next day i bleed but it wasnt like red blood it was a light brown and red i thought i started my peeiod but i stopped bleeding the same day and to day i had gone to the restroom and i wiped my self with tissue and this time it was light brown and red it was light brown. What does tbis mean some one please help
I Just started getting my peroids back after being off the depo for more than 6 yrs.  last month I start the 24 of may and now I am spotting I never had that before not sure what is going on per to the cal. I should start on the 28th of june I am getting all the smyp. of pms and I know that I am not  prego please help if there any advise u can give me
I had the same thing hun i just past my period on the 6 of oct and started spotting pinkish brownish on the 12th and looked it up on the net it says it could be a sign of pregnancy