Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Is this normal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Is this normal

I am 19 weeks pregnant with my third child. I am 21.. I was told wensday I have a anterior placenta and still barley feel the baby move. Is that normal.. And also I dont feel kicks it more like pressure in onespot for a minute then goes away.... The baby was fine wensday and I do smoke ciggs... I just want to no if its normal to not be feeling the baby yet.
My placenta us at the to so I couldn't feel the baby kick much at first either
Is at the top ¤
Same thing, im 20 wks and have felt a few flutters here and there. Im also having my 3rd baby. With my 2nd I felt this at 12 weeks. Its frustrating. Dr tells me the strong kicks will begin in about 2-4 more weeks.
My baby started kicking a lot when I turn 22 weeks & gets more & more everyday.
An anterior placenta means that the placenta attached to the front of the uterus instead of the back, which is where it usually attaches. It's not "common" but it's not uncommon either. This is my 3rd pregnancy and both of my first two had posterior placentas (attached to the back) but this one is an anterior placenta....and while I felt my son move at about the same time as the others, it wasn't until about 23/24wks that I felt REALLY strong kicks, where as I was feeling very strong movement at about 19wks with my other two.

The placenta just cushions the movements...but as your uterus grows, the placenta will be moved farther up as the part of the uterus that it attached to continues to grow upward with the baby's growth, so soon it will be out of the way enough for you to feel normal movements. I'm 27wks and this little one kicks the stuffing out of me now, lol.

So yes, entirely normal to feel movements less or differently with an anterior placenta in the beginning, but as the uterus grows it will resolve itself as far as feeling the movements goes :-).
I am 23 weeks with number 3 and my placenta is anterior and just started to really feel him move around a lot the last few days!
I feel alot of pressure mre then kicks or flutters.. Is that just the baby moving?
Yes, that's your baby most likely. You are lucky actually, I had an anterior placenta with my first and didn't feel the baby until about 24 weeks or so I think and it was just those flutters at first.
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers