PREGNANCY 18-24
COMMUNITY
It amazes me...
by BryannaElisexo, Feb 02, 2013
I read a lot about pregnancy & get a lot of notifications with information about the baby inside the womb & what caught my eye the most is how babies can see light. So I read to "try & put a flashlight to your belly, watch the baby react." So I did
Member Comments (7)
by babyboy111, Feb 02, 2013
does the flashlight trick actuyally work? do u have to be in the dark or?
by JessCar76, Feb 02, 2013
I've been trying that throughout my pregnancy and it has never worked for me.
by babyboy111, Feb 02, 2013
hmm ya...is it even good to shine a flashlight at the baby?
by JessCar76, Feb 02, 2013
babyboy111, I'm not sure. I would feel like it would hurt their retinas or something.
by Calebsmama0314, Feb 02, 2013
Shining a light on your belly to get the baby to move is not harmful to your baby's eyes. This may work more in the ending stages of your pregnancy when your baby is opening and closing their eyes for when they are awake or asleep. Try covering your belly with a dark blanket for several minutes, then introduce the light to your belly. You must do this when you usually know your baby is in a state of alertness or being active/awake. Sometimes just introducing new hands to your bare belly can help get baby moving. You have a strong heartbeat in your hands, so take your partner's or child's hand and place it skin to skin and wait. Usually baby will respond not only to the temperature of their hand, but also to the heartbeat. Also a good way to bond with your partner or child about your upcoming arrival of your bundle of joy.
by BryannaElisexo, Feb 02, 2013
Well I'm 32w 6d & I feel my daughters movements when I do it that's why I had to post this
by MrsMount1217, Feb 02, 2013
Lol its fine to shine the light on your tummy, it will not hurt the babys retinas or anything, its kinda like when your eye a are closed and someone turns a light on and you sense that the light is on, that's all they see, think of how many thick layers of skin you have between the flashlight and the inner part of your belly (8 layers) also, they have the uterus around them, the placenta, amniotic fluid and their eyes don't even open until 26 weeks approximately.