Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Itchy in places
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Itchy in places

Hello! My tummy and underneath my breast itch really bad and has become kinda irritated and my skin is starting to peel in those areas any suggestions on what to put on my skin to hlp cause the lotion is not helping. I know dry skin can be a part of pregnancy but it's driving me nuts...pls hlp!
Related Discussions
16 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Yes I use cocoa butter but that doesn't help either they say just keep mositure on ur body and drink water
Blank
Yea I use cocoa butter too and it's not helping and I definitely drink a lot of water. Thank u! :-)
Blank
1926656_tn?1334973801
This is going to sound like a really odd question lol where you are peeling, especially under your breasts, does it have an odd smell? almost bread-y?  I swear this is a valid question!
Blank
1943295_tn?1388242924
I had this problem and asked my doctor what to do....he suggested Luke warm showers....then a light lotion...followed by corn flower powder. Told me also to make sure the bra properly supported my boobs (where there is no skin to skin contact- basicly your boobs laying on your skin under your boobs-) and to rinse my bra every night in between washings! For tummy make sure your pants and shirts are not to tight...this will increase the dryness! Hope this helps!
Blank
You can try bio-oil it helps with dry skin and also is suppose to help reduce stretch marks :) I have some and you can also get a generic brand at walgreens that is the same thing :)
Blank
No it doesn't have an odor just itching and peeling.
Blank
Thank u I didn't even think about the skin to skin contact. I haven't been wearing any bras lately unless I've been leaving out of the house which isn't often so that could explain it.
Blank
Thank u! There's a Walgreens right at the corner where I take my walks. I'll check it out. :-)
Blank
1926656_tn?1334973801
Lol what you were describing almost sounded like a yeast infection which can cause the itchy, peeling, ect but it'll have a smell lol easily taken care of though lol corn starch or talc like above should help :-)
Blank
1959722_tn?1338781715
What I did which helps a TON if you keep a bottle of baby oil in the shower and when you're done in the shower dry your hair and wrap it in a towel but don't dry the rest of your body and then just rub down with baby oil from your neck down and then dry off it locks in all that moisture. Do that like every other shower and keep doing whatever else you're doing lotion wise as well and make sure your water temp isn't to hot. You'll notice the difference in a week or so! Good luck!
Blank
Lol thank u! If I had a yeast infection under my breast that would have been hilarious and strange at the same time but like they say it's a first time for everything lol. Thanks again! :-)
Blank
1926656_tn?1334973801
Actually not to uncommon where a skin fold appears :-)  warm dark and moist, just how yeast like it
Blank
Or, are you prone to eczema/ skin sensitivities in general? I have some under my tummy now due to the increased skin contact and therefore, moisture. My doctor suggested zeasorb powder. I just got it but haven't tried it yet.
Blank
Lol thanks!
Blank
Thank u!!! :-)
Blank
Thank u!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker