Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Just need reassurance please chances of missed miscarriage after seeing...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Just need reassurance please chances of missed miscarriage after seeing the heartbeat

Hey as some of you know I have had 1 healthy pregnancy (my first) my ds was born in December 07. We conceived our second in march 09 but at our 8 week ultrasound we were diagnosed with a blighted ovum (empty sac). This pregnancy ended in a D & C. Then in August i got another BFP but AF showed about a week late and blood tests were negative. The nurse thinks it was a false positive on a hpt but it was a clear but faint BFP... Well we found out in October we are expecting again and we saw the heartbeat at our first ultrasound at 7 weeks 3 days we didn't get to listen to it though and she didn't measure the RPM either! I have had lots of symptoms (nausea, back pain, some morning sickness, food aversion...) But I'm scared at every little twinge in my belly and whenever I don't feel nauseas that something is wrong.

I guess my question is what are my chances of having a missed miscarriage after seeing the heartbeat. I want to know if it is possible to miscarry with no bleeding after you see the heartbeat... My next appointment is Nov 30th and I just REALLY need reassurance. I feel like my belly grew a little but hasn't grown any more and am torturing myself with fear. Please offer advice or personal experience.
I think you would know sweetie....You're terrifying yourself and there's no reason. If you were starting to miscarry at this stage, chances are INCREDIBLY good that you would be bleeding. Try to calm yourself down, I KNOW how hard that is. You need to relax for the little one, and just enjoy the little bun in your oven and try to remember that when you're afraid of something you can convince yourself that every little problem is a big one.....It sounds like you are FINE, the nausea is a great sign, but even when you don't have it you're fine!!!! Don't worry about twinges, cramps in the first trimester are fairly common. If you're so scared, tell your doctor that your fears of miscarrying are affecting you and they may schedule another ultrasound, which may help calm your fears.....friend and message me if you need a shoulder or someone to talk at. I remember all the fears because I conceived my DD after a miscarriage and I spent the first trimester shaking and afraid I would lose her...she became real when I could feel her move and knew she was there to stay. Stay calm <3
Thank you.. the fears just make me more afraid that I am scared because I have a reason to be. I'm trying not to think about it and I'm pretty sure insurance wouldn't cover another ultrasound.. I think it is because I had an early u/s because of the previous m/c I had one at 5 weeks and one at 7 1/2.. I asked the doctor what my chances were for m/c after seeing the hb and he said that there is always a chance but the chances are low. I used to think that being pregnant just meant you were pregnant but after the loss I just can't seem to accept being pregnant and am so afraid. Thanks for being there.
I totally understand your fears I feel the same way...even though I had a healthy pregnancy after my miscarriage I still carry that fear. I remember the loss, so it's fresh in my mind too....Just try to remember that it's important to stay calm, and try to trust your body and your baby to come through all of this. That's the only way I stay sane. I'm always there if you need to talk :).
i know its hard but try to relax and enjoy. I have had very light pink spotting. usually happens after bedding. I had an early ultrasound at 5wks6days for confirmation and will have another one this following tuesday the 17th. I will be 7wks6days and i have fait that i will see my baby's heartbeat. Stay positive and take care of yourself. ((hugs))
The chances are very, very low once a HB is seen.  I believe less than 1%
thank you..

princess keep me posted!
I will. Thanks Sarah!!! Your bump is looking great and i think you and your baby are just fine!!
i know the feeling hon, i worry none stop! i keep telling myself i will calm down after the 1st trimester is over but i know in the back of my mind i wont be settled until i hold a healthy baby in my arms!! i had a blighted ovum in july09 and the thought of having something go wrong in this pregnancy is scary...........have faith and i will keep you in my thoughts!
Thank you!! I know I think I'll feel better after the first trimester! I thought I'd feel better after seeing the hb though but I'm still SO nervous!
Girls , i know how you feel. I bought a fetal doppler so i can hear the HB at home. I will try it around 10 wks, even though some are able to find it at 8wks. I wanted it for peace of mind.
damn we are some worriers huh!!!!!! we are gonna be over protective moms for life, look at us starting before the baby is even born lol
hello there. The chances of miscarriage after seeing the heart beat are very small so you can relax a little bit. I would recomend you the fetal doppler also. I just brought one and I used it yesterday and I found the heart beat and it really gives you peace of mind. I just wish i have brought it before.
The best of luck
Pregnancy or Fertility questions?
100,000+ doctor answers