Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Labor stories

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Labor stories

I want to know if you ladies have any crazy story leading up the your delivery.
I dont have one but i want to know some too.. lol today in school (im in high school) and theres a ton of juniors11th graders lol that are pregnant but oo well back to the point one of my friends shes 7 minths and i think 3wks. Almst 8months but yeah she started to get tons of contractions like 3minutes apart each so i walked(waddled) to the nurses office with her n the nurse said she was in labor and it seemd like she wasnt going to be able to make it to the hospital. I got extremly scared for her. But either way they called the ambulance and im still not sure if she had her baby yet.
With my first son I was in active labor for 3 days (friday up til my doc appointment monday after noon) straight I just wouldnt dilate any more then what i was. finally after my doctors appointment i was dilated enough and went straight to the hospital and had my son tuesday morning at 2:46 am. my son was being stubborn so it took me longer to push and also i ended up getting a pinched nerve in my back from the epidural so i couldnt move my back so that was another reason it took longer. but my son wouldnt move he wanted to stay on my right side so they kept trying to move him and when they got him moved he just moved back... it was pretty rough. sadly enough when he came out he came out face up and inhaled fluid and got an infection in his lungs from the fluid and had phnemonia so he was in the NICU for 10 days on antibotics through iv's and oxygen..
I was having contractions for a few days but not strong enough to go to L&D. We moved on Saturday and that same night my water broke...guess i over did it with the move. Went to the hospital two hours later with contractions 5 min apart. My water completely broke all over the doc as i was being checked. I dilated up to a 6 and then my cervix just wouldn't open any more. The baby's heart rate dropped with every contraction, i wasn't dilating anymore and i developed a fever so ended up having an emergency c-section. What with my fever and a high tolerance to meds the epidural wore off as i was being stitched up...OUCH! Had an asthma attack and was sent into shock before passing out. Woke up hours later to a beautiful sight...hubby right next to my bed feeding our son. And to top it off, it all happened during the superbowl...something my hubby had been looking forward to seeing since 1994 (he's a huge niners fan)
I was contracting at home at 39 weeks and didnt think it was the real thing because they werent extremely painful. Which was a friday, was scheduled to be induced on monday morning. When i got there they checked me and i was already 6 cms dilated.  So i was more than half way there. I was given pitocin and a 3hours later he was born.
I hope when it my time I have a great story to tell mine son
I dnt have one.. But I have been hoping that my water breaks  on my m.i.ls carpet, or car... Or couch.. She's very anal with those things being "dirty" I mean it makes me Kinda mean.. But I want to have a funny experience.. And that would be comedy!