Pregnancy 18-24 Community
Lactation and early pregnancy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to pregnancy and childbirth in women age 18 to 24.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Lactation and early pregnancy

I stopped breasfeeding in August and resumed my period in Spetember.  I have been running a roughly 22-25 day cycles since then.  My milk "dried up" within a week of stopping breastfeeding.  I have tuberous breast deformity so I had trouble making and maintaining milk supply for all my kids.  However, about 2weeks ago, give or take, I started lactating from my left breast.  (my left was my "good" breast when nursing)  It looks like colostrum, no pain, just the let down tingle occasionally.  Can lactation be a sign of early pregnancy?  I am not due for my period for another 1 -5 days.  I am not always regular so a late period isnt necessarily a sign of pregnancy for me.  I have not had any of my usual AF signs...no cramping/backache or bloating.  I am a little concerned b/c I actually had a TL in January 07.  I am concerned about the chances of ectopic.  Any input would be helpful....maybe ease my mind a little.
Related Discussions
10 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
348985_tn?1205241625
i never get an answer on my questions.....very frustrating.
Blank
332156_tn?1266846739
Here let me tell you my story to see if this helps you....
My son came in August of 01 I TRIED as hard as I possibly could to breastfeeed.  He just would not take.  I tried for like 3 months.  So then my milk dried up of course.  Well comes June/July my son is 10 months old.  And I am sitting at the computer and feel slightly that my bbs ache.  So I go into the bathroom and look at them.  Looking, feeling.  I thought that they looked a little different but I really wasnt sure.  Well I dont know why I thought of doing this...but I started to squeeze them. Seeing if anything would come out.  Sure enough.  Colostrum did!  Wow I flipped! I wasnt due for a period I didnt think. I was also on the pill.  So I call my g/f who works for my ob/gyn.  And ask her for her opinion and see if I could be pregnant.  She says Oh goodness YES!  And I was like OMG! My son now is only 10 months old!  lol  So the next day I believe it was...I went to CVS and got a HPT....POSITIVE RIGHT AWAY!  oh C R A P! I then went to the dollar store because I really dint have any more money and I really just wanted to test again to make sure!  Welll......POSITIVE!  Went to the doctor and I was 5 weeks along.  

I hope this helped you. So I guess you pretty much could be.  Take a test.  If it comes back negative then wait for your period.  If it doesnt show...then take one again.  

Whats a TL? And why would you be worried its an ectopic?  Good luck keep us posted.  
Blank
348985_tn?1205241625
TL=tubal Ligation.  Ive been "fixed"...lol.  And if a tubal does not take, and the tubes grow back together then there is scar tissue and increased risk for an ectopic pregnancy.  Thats why I am a bit concerned.  I need to wait a week to take a test, assuming period does not show, since I am not due for 1-5 days.
Blank
332156_tn?1266846739
Ohh now I gotcha! I can see where that would be a concern. Well good luck to you.  I hope things are ok.  Keep updating.
Blank
348985_tn?1205241625
Ok took an HPT this morning and got a funny result.  positive pregnancy should look like + ---.  I got the control line fine...a very dark purple.  the horizontal line on the right box was a lighter purple, but looked like this -- ---.  In the gap of the line a clearish/light "line" went up and down.  I kinda think I had a test malfunction.  I am due for AF between today and the 10th.  I guess ill wait until monday to take another test.  I have been having a little crampy feeling, but no back pain like i normally get with AF.  I have 5 kids you think Id be familiar with the early signs...but all mine were different.  I have some breast soreness and when I come down the steps they kinda have this tingly/hurty feeling.  I wonder if I am imagining it b/c I am worried about pregnancy.  Though, if it turns out I am not, I will probably be a little dissapointed...even though I was not planning on more children, hence the TL.  Ill keep you updated.
Blank
332156_tn?1266846739
Well you never know!  Take a test in a couple of days if your AF doesnt show up soon!  Good luck to you!
Blank
348985_tn?1205241625
I am having some sore/crampy feeling this morning.  Could be AF coming.  As strange as it sounds...I am a little nervous about getting AF.  I think I was almost hoping for a pregnancy.  Though my husband certainly wouldnt be thrilled.  I am not sure if I am having AF cramps...or gas cramps...lol.  Sorry for TMI, but we all are pretty graphic at one time or another...lol.  I guess we will see soon...if it is AF it should be here today if I am cramping.  I will keep you guys updated...
Blank
332156_tn?1266846739
Good luck! I know how this waiting thing is...I hate it!
Blank
I also started lactation many months after stopping breastfeeding. I spoke with my doctor and a pharmacist, they both said it is an unlikely sign. They were wrong, I am 4 weeks prego. I started lactation the day I concieved. It has stopped now, but trust your body. It knows.
Blank
So....? What did u find out? Cuz 1 of my MANY HPT, I took w the my son that I am still currently pregnant w, results showed up JUST like urs!! Dark control sign, dark horizontal line w a faint vertical line. I'm just curious. I figure u should know by now if u r!!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Pregnancy 18-24 Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...